Outdoor Vision Gaiters

efnm

WKR
Those look nice, I'd like to someday get the scree gaiters for around here in dry desert country.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Good to see these. Are the two “Hyde” materials comparable to like a denim, cordura or more like a fleece?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

freshta

WKR
I'm very interested to learn more as well. I hate velcro closures typically found on gaiters.

Lawnboi

WKR
I just got a pair of the shorts in multicam. Made a thread in the gear section prior to ordering and didn't get much info. Will update the thread with some pics and finding in the next few weeks, Iv got 9 days off coming up that I plan to test them out on.

Last edited:
OP
G

GPATTI

WKR
Robby, I would say it is best described as an in between of cordura and fleece, relative to feel.

moeleo

WKR
I started using these Gaiters this past winter and would like to say that they are very comfortable. I really like the fact that they are quiet and easy on/off. They stay where you put them and I don’t have to keep reaching down pulling them up. They will be in my gear bag this year for sure.

moeleo

WKR
Can anyone compare/contrast versus the Kuiu gaiters?

Not much experience with the Kuiu but did use a set from a friend for a few days and from what I could tell I would compare them to the OR Expedition Crocodile Gaiters. While I like how tough they are they are just too noisy to use for me for hunting. I hate the Velcro and how the way my foot and ankle move at times causes the Velcro to make noise. Some principle as far as wanting to stop and relax for a bit if you want to take your boots off, when you remove them they are too noisy with all the Velcro. Also, not sure if the heights are different but I did notice the Kuiu sliding down my calves quite a bit. Could be maybe they were one size too small, not sure how their sizing runs. Hope this helps.

OP
G

GPATTI

WKR
Not much experience with the Kuiu but did use a set from a friend for a few days and from what I could tell I would compare them to the OR Expedition Crocodile Gaiters. While I like how tough they are they are just too noisy to use for me for hunting. I hate the Velcro and how the way my foot and ankle move at times causes the Velcro to make noise. Some principle as far as wanting to stop and relax for a bit if you want to take your boots off, when you remove them they are too noisy with all the Velcro. Also, not sure if the heights are different but I did notice the Kuiu sliding down my calves quite a bit. Could be maybe they were one size too small, not sure how their sizing runs. Hope this helps.

MattB - moeleo was describing his dislikes of the KUIU gaiters above, not the Outdoor Vision, as Outdoor Vision has NO velcro. Just wanted to make sure this was clear.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Those look cool, right now though I have a few pairs of Kuiu gaiters as well as some OR expedition crocs so I can’t really add a 4th pair of gaiters.

moeleo

WKR
MattB - moeleo was describing his dislikes of the KUIU gaiters above, not the Outdoor Vision, as Outdoor Vision has NO velcro. Just wanted to make sure this was clear.

I should’ve have been a little more specific. Sorry for any confusion.

Phaseolus

WKR
The only comment I will make is that zippered gaiters can be very difficultuy to remove when they are iced up. This may be more of a concern for the alpinist than the hunter.

unchained

Lil-Rokslider
I like them better than the kuiu's except for putting them on. Its a bit of a pain. A lot nicer to take off without velcro on a stalk though.