Anything better than Tiburons for hot hunts?

Love my Tiburons. They breathe super well and dry fast as well. Just curious if you guys have found anything equal to or better for hot weather hunts just for the sake of trying new stuff.

I hate hunting in hot weather and avoid it :)

I did do Hot Yoga twice last week and was reminded why. I'm a big guy and sweat a LOT. Most game will smell me a mile away...

That said, some guys I've heard of wearing shorts and a tank top than wearing an ASAT leafy suit which has a very open mesh. If I was just sitting in heat, I'd try that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I run an ASAT leafy suit as Toadmeister described. In the early season here it can still be in the high 70's, low 80's at daylight and 90's in the evening. I will wear mine with just a pair of First Lite Red Desert Boxers and sometimes a llano short sleeve, a pair of the Mountain Triad Socks and Aerohead snake boots since this is public swamp. Treat everything heavy with Sawyers, let dry completely, then wash in scent free soap for mosquitos, chiggers, and ticks. This is carrying a climber, backpack, and bow 1+ miles in, which is laughable to the western guys but the humidity here in the deep south is brutal. Been doing this the last few seasons and it works well. Third Hand Archery guy Jim said to have a 5 gal bucket with water and baking soda to dip the leafy suit in before you put it on and its like having air conditioner but I havent tried it yet.

ive tried just about everything and hunt consistently in 80-90 degree weather and havent found a better alternative than the tiburons in terms of pants for breathability. i wish i could bc im not the biggest kuiu fan but for some reason sitka and first lite refuse to put hipzips in their pants. shorts or shorts with a leafy pant will be your next best option

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I haven't tried the kuiu but did enjoy the SKRE unita pants last year on a early season desert deer tag in Utah. They also have the hip vents and super breathable fabric

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm planning on getting another pair this year in the summit pattern but have been collecting some other gear first

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
O
ive tried just about everything and hunt consistently in 80-90 degree weather and havent found a better alternative than the tiburons in terms of pants for breathability. i wish i could bc im not the biggest kuiu fan but for some reason sitka and first lite refuse to put hipzips in their pants. shorts or shorts with a leafy pant will be your next best option

Man I feel ya. The Tiburons are just the cats meow in terms of being light. You can literally see through the pants and hey just air out so nice. And if that wasn’t enough you can dump even more heat via the hip vents. I pretty much leave those things open all early season haha. I just don’t know how ascents can be as good since they rely solely on fabric letting the heat out, rather than basically opening the pants from the sides. I wish First Lite would jump on board with a super thin and durable pant. I’ve snagged my Tiburons on so many thorns md limbs I can’t believe they’re still even in tact but I haven’t been able to rip them yet.

stole the idea from the prana zions i added some leg snaps to mine so i can roll up the pant legs and they breathe even better

20170116_165355.jpg

Cabelas mesh pants cut off above the knees, nothing better.
Regular short pants are a close 2nd.
I can't wear shorts in the woods, too many skin allergies to all the green stuff still growing everywhere in early season.

I gotta cover up head to toe, one more reason I like hunting when its cooler or cold out!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Slim Jim

WKR
Eddie Bauer horizon guides are a great warm weather pant. They are a little bit lighter than the guide pros and very comfy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brocksw

WKR
Outdoor research ferrosi and Pranas

I like the fit of the ferrosis much better than EB guide and they are a little more breathable than the Pranas. Kuiu Tiburons are a good pant too, I didn't feel like they were "stretchy" enough.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk