Sitka Gears new website

Stwrt9

WKR
I was on the site the other day and couldn't believe how difficult it was. This was a massive failure on their part in redesign. Whoever thought this was a better way to go?

Squirrels

WKR
I've been grilling my two year old for the last half hour asking her where the money is Sitka paid her to put the new site together. She ain't budging...............

Mystery solved fellas, managed to bribe her with some chocolate......I wouldn't be overly upset with Sitka over this as they apparently only paid her $2 dollars for the design. She said she ask for more up front and they said that is all they could afford, so she gave them $2 worth of work.....

Mystery solved fellas, managed to bribe her with some chocolate......I wouldn't be overly upset with Sitka over this as they apparently only paid her $2 dollars for the design. She said she ask for more up front and they said that is all they could afford, so she gave them $2 worth of work.....

Hahaha!

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The first most glaring mistake I can find is they aren’t listing the weights of items. If anyone figures that out, let me know.

The old site had it front and center in the “features & specs” of the item.

Interesting to see all the feedback here. I will be working hard this week to ensure all of our Sitka Gear is listed with the weights clearly on the product page.

I'm curious if you guys find it easier to navigate our site. We aren't separating all of the products to individual pages for each color so it should be easier to shop.

Our 2018 Sitka orders will ship Monday and you can use the ROK10 discount code as well!

Last edited:
Its funny how so many people hated the fact that first lite went to direct sales, but apparently quite a few people are wanting to do direct sales with Sitka. I think we should support the Sitka dealers to ensure they keep using dealers.

Its funny how so many people hated the fact that first lite went to direct sales, but apparently quite a few people are wanting to do direct sales with Sitka. I think we should support the Sitka dealers to ensure they keep using dealers.

Rarely do retailers have as in-depth product reviews/specs as mfg. Sitka has actually always done a great job exploiting features, except for now. You have to use the compare function to find out any info

Most people will buy from retailers due to rewards programs or non disclosure below MSRP deals or just convince for fit

Last edited:
Interesting to see all the feedback here. I will be working hard this week to ensure all of our Sitka Gear is listed with the weights clearly on the product page.

I'm curious if you guys find it easier to navigate our site. We aren't separating all of the products to individual pages for each color so it should be easier to shop.

Our 2018 Sitka orders will ship Monday and you can use the ROK10 discount code as well!
i might be blind but im not seeing the weights listed which i think is pretty important.

on the category side i like it but its a little cluttered. i think if you narrowed it down a little bit it would help. ex just have a headwear category(get rid of beanies hats balaclavas)

of all the hunting wear sites i like kuius the best for navigating (broken up by product, category, collection and kit) but i try not to buy anythign from them except for tiburon pants

Rarely do retailers have as in-depth product reviews/specs as mfg. Sitka has actually always done a great job exploiting features, except for now. You have to use the compare function to find out any info

Most people will buy from retailers due to rewards programs or non disclosure below MSRP deals or just convince for fit

Yeah, that makes sense

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
i might be blind but im not seeing the weights listed which i think is pretty important.

on the category side i like it but its a little cluttered. i think if you narrowed it down a little bit it would help. ex just have a headwear category(get rid of beanies hats balaclavas)

of all the hunting wear sites i like kuius the best for navigating (broken up by product, category, collection and kit) but i try not to buy anythign from them except for tiburon pants

Thanks for the valuable feedback. The weights aren't listed on every product quite yet, we are working hard to complete that by tomorrow along with the rest of the info from Sitka's comparison page for products. I agree the categorization could be simpler as well. We're working on improving the site currently, so it's great to get this kind of info.

OP
Trial153

Trial153

WKR

Nope, nothing to do with shopping at Sitka vs dealer for me. I go where I get the best price and service. However for technical specs and info I almost always go to the manufacturers website not just for clothing but for all gear. I find it’s for the most part the best place to get the most in-debt complete specs and info. That is the reason I am so disappointed the new website. The original site was way more user friendly and easier to navigate. As Sitka is one on the most forward thinking companies we have in this industry seeing them in disarray is in start contrast to their usual clarity.

TravKatQ

WKR
Thanks for the valuable feedback. The weights aren't listed on every product quite yet, we are working hard to complete that by tomorrow along with the rest of the info from Sitka's comparison page for products. I agree the categorization could be simpler as well. We're working on improving the site currently, so it's great to get this kind of info.

scott@1shotgear, sorry to highjack the thread but quick question, do you know if Sitka is going to ever get the new ascent pant in Pyrite in stock or are the discounting the color....seems like they had a very limited run of those. Thanks, Travis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
scott@1shotgear, sorry to highjack the thread but quick question, do you know if Sitka is going to ever get the new ascent pant in Pyrite in stock or are the discounting the color....seems like they had a very limited run of those. Thanks, Travis

The Pyrite Ascent Pants will be back in stock and ready to ship second week of July. Any new solid color hunting styles will be revealed middle of June, and they will all ship out at the same time in July. Let me know if you have any other questions, happy to help!

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

Sorry for the double post, but our 2018 Sitka shipment literally just arrived and we got Pyrite Ascent Pants in the shipment actually. We are working on receiving all of the product and updating our site now. What size are you? It will be a few more hours before the site is fully up to date.

TravKatQ

WKR
Sorry for the double post, but our 2018 Sitka shipment literally just arrived and we got Pyrite Ascent Pants in the shipment actually. We are working on receiving all of the product and updating our site now. What size are you? It will be a few more hours before the site is fully up to date.

Awesome Size 34R! Save me some!

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Weights are listed for ALL Sitka Gear on the site now!

They are easily visible on the product page without needing to compare or click anywhere else. Additionally you can choose between Optifade patterns on the same product page, no jumping around! You can order anything 2018 now!

Awesome Size 34R! Save me some!

No problem they are ready to order on the site now! Ascent Pants - Pyrite 34R

TravKatQ

WKR
Weights are listed for ALL Sitka Gear on the site now!

They are easily visible on the product page without needing to compare or click anywhere else. Additionally you can choose between Optifade patterns on the same product page, no jumping around! You can order anything 2018 now!

No problem they are ready to order on the site now! Ascent Pants - Pyrite 34R

Scott@1shotgear, all ordered! Thanks for looking out.
Travis