Mid layer advice

Pgohil

WKR
First layering system I've tried. I bout skre gear and really like it. Merino 170g base layer, hardscrabble pants and jacket. I got their puffy jacket coming mid summer. I need a mid layer bottom.

I've always been a whitetail tree stand hunter, and wore mostly generic cotton long johns or more recently under armor 3.0-4.0. I freeze when I'm sitting still, long as I'm moving, I'm good to go without much clothing. Tough situation.

Should i use a UA bottom I already have? Or a puffy style pants?

Really lost on the proper layering of thin materials.

Thanks.
PD Gohil
WV

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

For stand hunting or glassing on the mountain i would say puffy pants, but if you are moving you will not want the puffy pants.

ericF

WKR
I like First Lite for the top base layers, but I still don't think anybody can beet Kuiu on the bottoms for the ability to zip off and zip on your baselayers. There is just something amazing about being able to put on some baselayers without having to take off your boots.

Jardo

WKR
The skre merino base layer is pretty good stuff. If you don't like wool you can use the wasatch base layer which is better than ua imho. The hardscrabble pants are on the heavyweight side of layering systems. They are a perfect cold weather tree stand mid layer. I would find some puffy pants and go merino base layer, hard scrabble midlayer, and puffy pant outer layer. If raining or snowing, through on raingear as your shell and you should be GTG!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk