Sitka Jetstream Lite opinions

bwlacy

WKR
Looking for a new early season archery jacket that is windproof. I don't see many people talking about this jacket. Don't know if I really need one or not with a rain jacket also.

I own the jacket and the vest. Never cared for the fit of the jacket. It's very slim fitting and runs small. However, I love the vest. For me it's perfect to run over my Sitka core shirt. It keeps my core warm, cuts the wind and doesn't bunch up when I'm hiking with a pack on. I wear it everyday during archery season. If you do get the jacket, definitely size up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Looking for a new early season archery jacket that is windproof. I don't see many people talking about this jacket. Don't know if I really need one or not with a rain jacket also.

So I would recommend either the Jet stream jacket or vest. I always bring mine with me during archery season so when I'm glassing in the mornings and the wind is blowing I don't get cold or the wind chill. It has a DWR finish and I've been in some crazy weather here in Colorado and its kept me just dry and warm. The outside got wet yes, but on the inside I was completely dry and had no issue. The vest is a great piece to have as well. If you're just worried about your core getting a little cold I would get the vest. I have both and run both, they are amazing. It's going to be an athletic fit so they are going to run tight. Either way both would be great items to have also depending on your layering as well.

Last edited:

tttoadman

WKR
I love the Jetstream Lite. It is my all day wear pc. If it is cold, I wear my vest under it or a rain coat over it. I made Scott at 1Shot sell me one really cheap when they were being discontinued.

K_pem

WKR
Have the jetstream jacket and vest. I carry the vest all early season with me because its so versatile. The jacket i reserve until the temps start dropping. I ran the sawtooth under my vest this year and was warm pretty much all September here in N Idaho. Personally i think the lite jacket is useless as its about as thin as your rain gear probably is, id rather carry a light puffy for real warmth. But the vest for just a wind cutting layer over the top of your base/mid layers would be beneficial id think. For me ill just stick with my jetstream vest and a solid midlayer.

catorres1

Lil-Rokslider
My son has the jetstream lite and I have the timberline. The jetstream lite is very much like the new mountain jacket. The differences are in fit...jts lite is cut significantly tighter.....and the seams are not taped like on the mountain jacket. There are some pocket differences too, but nothing too significant IMO. My son and I are both tall and thin for size, so we actually both prefer the fit on the JTS lite.....it allowed him to size up and get the length he needed, but not have a baggy jacket. Fit for him around the waist is athletic but not tight, and it does not rise above his waist when he sits etc.

I got the Timberline because I wanted taped seams and a hood (the one thing my son wishes the JS lite had). I basically wear a large tall in everything I can get a tall in. With the timberline, the large was great around the waist, but it was too short, so I had to get an XL. It's alot more baggy than I prefer, but there was no choice...the large was just too short.

The JS lite is a lot cooler than the timberline, lacking any fleece lining...as I said, it is basically a more fitted mountain jacket. HTH...

OP
B

bwlacy

WKR
My son has the jetstream lite and I have the timberline. The jetstream lite is very much like the new mountain jacket. The differences are in fit...jts lite is cut significantly tighter.....and the seams are not taped like on the mountain jacket. There are some pocket differences too, but nothing too significant IMO. My son and I are both tall and thin for size, so we actually both prefer the fit on the JTS lite.....it allowed him to size up and get the length he needed, but not have a baggy jacket. Fit for him around the waist is athletic but not tight, and it does not rise above his waist when he sits etc.

I got the Timberline because I wanted taped seams and a hood (the one thing my son wishes the JS lite had). I basically wear a large tall in everything I can get a tall in. With the timberline, the large was great around the waist, but it was too short, so I had to get an XL. It's alot more baggy than I prefer, but there was no choice...the large was just too short.

The JS lite is a lot cooler than the timberline, lacking any fleece lining...as I said, it is basically a more fitted mountain jacket. HTH...

Great info, thanks. I've tried on the Mountain Jacket. So I should size up from that. I'd probably need an XL in the JS Lite. Even though I'm 5'8" and 170 the mountain jacket in a large was kind of snug.

catorres1

Lil-Rokslider
I was wondering the differences between the jet stream light timberline mountain jacket and I assume the regular jet stream has a fleece backer .

Jet stream light: Tight fit, no hood, no fleece liner, no taped seams. Windproof, very lightweight.
Mountain Jacket: Looser fit, with taped seems. Windproof, very lightweight
Timberline: Same fit as Mountain jacket. Adds light fleece lining in various areas, and a hood. Not as cool or lightweight. A little warmer.
Jet stream: Heavier build, heavier fleece lining. Has a hood. The warmest of all of them.
The last three all fit about the same. All have a DWR coating.