Need Advice On Sitka Jacket Sizing & Layering

In the process of finalizing my retirement after which I plan to be in the woods everyday for the foreseeable future...when I move somewhere that has trees & sun.:D I'm currently in the Arctic so I've been unable to try on any of these jackets. Not sure if I should size up on any of the 4 listed below so I need a little help.

Kelvin Active Jacket XL Performance Fit
Kelvin Lite Hoody XL Standard Fit
Kelvin Down WS Hoody XL Expedition Fit
Jetstream Jacket 2XL Performance Fit

Except for July & August I use a soft shell all year as my outer layer for it's durability. I want the Jetstream as my outer layer so I'd like to fit the Kelvin Down WS Hoody under it for winter months or one of the other two for warmer months. I'm 5'7" 215lbs with a 49" chest & a 36" waist, I like long walks on the beach and my favorite color is blue.;) As a size reference my KUIU Kenai XL is a little snug in the upper back so I'm curious if the KUIU Kenai XL is closer to Sitka's XL Performance Fit or Standard Fit? A Sitka Cloudburst XL will fit over my KUIU Kenai XL but there wouldn't be room for anything in between. I could go big and call it a day but I carry a little 27-inch 15 pounder slung to the front so if my gear is too loose it gets funky when shouldering quickly. Appreciate any help you guys can offer on sizing. Thanks!

In the process of finalizing my retirement after which I plan to be in the woods everyday for the foreseeable future...when I move somewhere that has trees & sun.:D I'm currently in the Arctic so I've been unable to try on any of these jackets. Not sure if I should size up on any of the 4 listed below so I need a little help.

Kelvin Active Jacket XL Performance Fit

Except for July & August I use a soft shell all year as my outer layer for it's durability. I want the Jetstream as my outer layer so I'd like to fit the Kelvin Down WS Hoody under it for winter months or one of the other two for warmer months. I'm 5'7" 215lbs with a 49" chest & a 36" waist, I like long walks on the beach and my favorite color is blue.;) As a size reference my KUIU Kenai XL is a little snug in the upper back so I'm curious if the KUIU Kenai XL is closer to Sitka's XL Performance Fit or Standard Fit? A Sitka Cloudburst XL will fit over my KUIU Kenai XL but there wouldn't be room for anything in between. I could go big and call it a day but I carry a little 27-inch 15 pounder slung to the front so if my gear is too loose it gets funky when shouldering quickly. Appreciate any help you guys can offer on sizing. Thanks!

it looks like you have the correct sizes...if you have more questions or need pricing just let us know

bates

WKR
To me at least the Sitka kelvin active xl is in between a kenai l and xl jackets and I have all 3

You might want xl in the std fit stuff. I tend to like L in regular and xl in performance

OP
B
it looks like you have the correct sizes...if you have more questions or need pricing just let us know

Thx love your videos!

To me at least the Sitka kelvin active xl is in between a kenai l and xl jackets and I have all 3

You might want xl in the std fit stuff. I tend to like L in regular and xl in performance

Thx you saved my butt on that.

I have a 48 inch coat. 6’3” 250. See my thoughts below on each.

Kelvin Active Jacket XL Performance Fit - this is snug but works barely
Kelvin Lite Hoody XL Standard Fit - I went xxl. I wanted the option to put this over top as a glassing layer so I wanted something with more room
Kelvin Down WS Hoody XL Expedition Fit - no experience.
Jetstream Jacket 2XL Performance Fit - about the same as the active jacket. Xl was too snug. I sent it back for the xxl to have room to layer underneath.

I don’t own a lot of kuiu but my guide jacket is a xxxl.

OP
B
Thanks for all your input guys, I think I'll have less stuff to return now.:D I ordered the jackets below and I also added a Jetstream Vest in XL.

Jetstream Vest XL Standard Fit
Kelvin Active Jacket 2XL Performance Fit

Anyone know why Sitka doesn't carry ball caps with side logos? I ordered one elsewhere in subalpine and with shipping to Canada it was $73.45 USD so by the time you add duty its just shy of a $100 hat! I won't be sitting down for awhile!:D That was the cheapest, one place wanted $60 just for shipping 1 hat. Anyway seems dumb to have a blaze orange & white logo on the front of a camo hat, side or back is where it should be, especially on subalpine. Oh and the metal button on top...why? If you bump your head its like being struck with the ball on the end of a telescopic baton. Ok I'm going to go have some cheese now.

OP
B
Oh and the metal button on top...why?

Never knew you could remove these without messing up your hat. D'oh! I just used wire cutters to snip the pin. Anywho love my Sitka hats now.

[video=youtube_share;6Ztd27qu1gg]https://youtu.be/6Ztd27qu1gg[/video]

[video=youtube_share;vg4n-nNNOYg]https://youtu.be/vg4n-nNNOYg[/video]