First lite Obsidians vs. Corrugate?

Norgard

FNG
Specifically for September Elk bow hunting that involves a lot of hiking. Which pants are a lighter weight. Thanks for the feedback.

twall13

WKR
I wouldn't say the Obsidians are lighter but they do breathe better and are quieter. They also won't be as water resistant or durable as the Corrugates. Both good pants, I have the Kanab 2.0's and the Corrugates and use them both in different situations. I like the pocket layout on the Corrugates better but that's a personal preference. I'd say you have to decide if durability or absolutely quiet material is more important to you and go from there.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

They are all great and I haven't had an issue with any of them yet structurally.
I will say the pant I seem to grab the most often is the Kanab 2.0 or Obsidian.
I wear the Corr Guide tan for early non big game hunts and scouting and starting in Aug it is the Obsidian or Kanabs.
I like the little extra for early mornings and late evenings in the mountains. I have never thought, "man I wish my legs weren't so hot".

HoytHunter24

Lil-Rokslider
The Corrugates are supposed to hold up really well. A buddy of mine runs them through the Western washington elk jungles and they have yet to wear. He beats on them and they hold up. The DWR only works so well though. Arent the obsidians merino?

rm06

WKR
The Obsidians are indeed merino. I wore them for the first half of last year's archery elk and if the weren't complete MC Hammer pants, I would still own them - I don't have huge calves but they were fairly tight around mine and super baggy through the crotch, waist and butt. They did keep me more comfortable in a wide array of weather than the Kanabs and their breathability was amazing. I can't speak to the Corrugates, I've never owned a pair.