Who's using suspenders?

mvmnts

WKR
My last pair of pants had a small cinch that let me get away without wearing a belt, but my new ones do not. I'm looking for an ultralight, ultra thin belt with maybe a little bit of elastic in it, or I thought maybe I'd try suspenders. How do you guys like them? I am already wearing a bino harness and pack, and I'm wondering if another strap running over my shoulders is going to be one too many. I do have some problems with hip belts rubbing though, so I'm open to trying them. Who makes a good set? I'm looking at the first lite pair, but there are others I'm sure.

541hunter

WKR
I have a first lite set as well as a sitka set. I wear them both with no true preference. Suspenders are definitely the way to go in my opinion but I am a bit biased because I wear suspenders everyday at work. I have never had any issue with the straps messing with each other. Usually my backpack straps cover the suspenders and the bino harness goes over that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Absolutely use them on my hunts.

twall13

WKR
I've never used them on a hunt though I'm semi interested in trying them out. I was going to give it a go with the First Lite suspenders that came with my Kanab 2.0's but they were way too short for my long torso and I didn't like them pulling my pants up that high.

My favorite belt under a pack is the Kifaru Garment Belt. The buckle doesn't slip on me and it's a low profile belt that doesn't cause issues for me under my pack belt. If you want one with some elasticity the Eddie Bauer Genius belt is nice. I actually don't really care for the elasticity in the belt but otherwise think it's a great design. Some people like the stretch, I just want my belt to stay as exactly where I tighten it. I've used that one under a pack without issue as well.

MTguy0341

Lil-Rokslider
I like wearing my suspenders, but the buckle on my tailbone has been rubbing while wearing my pants, might have to low ride the pants. Or ditch the suspenders which I would rather not.

lif

WKR
I Also use sitka suspenders. Very light and minimalistic. If you are carry a pack they are a must in my opinion.

Idahomnts

Lil-Rokslider
I have a set of sitka and first lite , and always searching for Sitka pair as I too feel the firstlite rubbing above tail bone , why would someone put a wad of anything right there?
Quit wearing a belt 2 seasons ago and glad I did ,
Don’t notice the straps

Smash

Lil-Rokslider
So are the Sitka suspenders Universal as I can wear then with any pants?

lif

WKR
Yah. They just have generic hooks that can grab pretty much any belt loop. They attach to 2 belt loops on front of pant and 2 belt loops on the back. Sitka gives a specific anchor point on the belt loops of their pants but the suspenders should be adaptable to most pants.

lif

WKR
I have never worn suspenders in my life until I got sitka pants. And honestly I didn’t use them until the 2nd year I had the pant. Finally hit me that I’m trying to wrestle keeping my drawers up all the time while wearing my pack. So I said “I bet that’s why they give you those lame suspenders.” I put them on and “voila!” Sitka suspenders are super lightweight and I don’t even notice them other than the fact my pants always stay in position. I’ll probably never wear suspenders anywhere else in life but I will probably never go packing without them.

Rokwiia

WKR
I haven't worn suspenders in decades. Any reason the old-fashion clip suspenders won't work? I don't know whether the teeth would tear the pant material. The Sitka look good but does the slide-in, c-clip slip off the pant at all?

adamm88

WKR
Any reason the old-fashion clip suspenders won't work?

I picked up a pair of camo old fashioned ones from Walmart to go on my ecw puffy pants, my big concern with these are that they seem really grippy and have teeth, if you use them on a synthetic type material im worried they will tear them apart where they are clipped. They may not but thats my concern. Ill probally try them anyways and just see how they work.

I use lightweight webbing belts like Bison’s or the Kuiu version. I think their belt is the only thing Kuiu makes in the USA.

I’ve got dozens of suspenders, been wearing them for years. my favorite is a handmade pair I got off ebay. I modified slightly by geeting rid of the metal cinch buckles and sewing the elastic webbing where I wanted them. They are a dream under a pack.

lif

WKR
That Sitka clip definitely shouldn’t come off. Like Laelkhunter said, it is actually a little bit of a task to get it off. They are pretty easy and to me a great addition especially when back pack hunting.

Rokwiia

WKR
I noticed that FL Corrugates come with a loops already provided for suspenders in addition to belt loops. The loops are beefy and wide. The belt loops on the Sitka Ascent are also very wide.

That said, many hiking pants (which I use in summer) come with no suspender loops and skinny belt loops. I'd be nervous the skinny belt loops would give way during a week-long backpack and I'd have no way to keep up my pants.

Any thoughts about how to create wide loops on pants to accommodate suspenders?

Thun242

FNG
I do, for everyday wear, but not everyday. I'm slender and tall, and it gaves me a more military / steampunk feeling on a daily life too. It looks great with skinny jeans and combat boots.