budget synthetic baselayer top

ozyclint

WKR
got a tahr hunt coming up and i'm in need of a baselayer top. i've been waiting for the new release TUSX hunter baselayers but they won't be available before my hunt. so i'm looking for a synthetic base layer top to get for this years hunt. i haven't bought clothes for a long time and it seems that even though i search for synthetic base layers that everything comes up with wool.

what are some options to look into for a synthetic top?

Seasonally COSTO has their Paradox bottoms ($15 CA) and zip neck long sleeve tees ($20 CA) in stock....think fall as far as timing. The Paradox fabric is a poly/merino blend treated with an odor suppressor. I really like them for comfort, durability, warmth and how quick they dry as well as low price versus merino. I've given away my KUIU merino zip neck tee tops as I never wore them after using and preferring the Paradox. They came in grey or black in the past for tops and black only for bottoms. Check online to see if they have any available now to order in to your store.

ghost338

FNG
Might check Cabela's bargain cave online. They just put some polartec layers in there.

excaliber

WKR
Sierra Trading Post has inexpensive synthetic base layers.

That's where I got all of mine. They had some really nice silk weight bottoms I picked up for under 10.00 on sale. They work just as well as my light weight Sitka bottoms. Tops were a couple dollars more. Sign up for their email notifications and you'll get discounts in the mail almost every day.

Military issue "silky" lightweight base layer. You can get the whole set (top and bottom) for about $10-15. They work great, I use mine for early season whitetail and for September elk hunts. Also used them for years in the military.

Polyester. There are many options. Military surplus is great stuff here. Polar tec seems to be the new rage. I like it. but, it works no better then plain ole Fleece ECW stuff. You can buy those about anywhere. I'm currently using Cabela's too. I very much like these as well. Polyester base is the Key here as it dries very quick. KUIU is on to something too. Spandex added to polyester slows down drying. Look for 100% polyester. If you need extreme cold protection, think poly pro's over that. Ebay has them CHEAP. Real American issue. Not Chinese crap. However, there are tons of affordable choices with merino wool being the new rage

The Beard

WKR
I know you said synthetic, but...
Black Ovis sells some really nice wool/poly blend shirts for like 50% of the big name guys.
You can even find them cheaper on Camofire from time to time.
LS top was under $30
SS top was around $20
Pants somewhere in the same ballpark, but I can’t get away from Kuiu for bottoms because of the zips