Kryptek Altitude

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have experience using it? Thinking of trying the Takur jacket and pants. I have Mammut gear made with the same Schoeller fabric and it is extremely good. But the Kryptek stuff is expensive and I’d like to know real world experiences. Thank you.

Kotaman

WKR
Very nice stuff, but INSANELY expensive. I’ve fondled it at a few shows, but that’s it...sorry, nothing “real world” here.

bates

WKR
I like the pants.

Wish they didn’t have the zipper at the bottom is my only complaint

You don’t feel the knee pads

I feel they run large in the waist but I’m happy

bates

WKR
Yes I like them and to me worth it

They sell for 20% off once per year too

I wanted something other than my attacks for an up coming mtn goat hunt

Mental notes i made after my August sheep hunt. I wore kuiu attacks

Knee pads.
Durable
Better fit

These pants fit the bill. They fit me well. In kuiu I need to wear a size larger waist to fit my quad plus the kuiu knee pads come to my skins.

I got solid so I get more use out of them.

OP
S

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
Yes I like them and to me worth it

They sell for 20% off once per year too

I wanted something other than my attacks for an up coming mtn goat hunt

Mental notes i made after my August sheep hunt. I wore kuiu attacks

Knee pads.
Durable
Better fit

These pants fit the bill. They fit me well. In kuiu I need to wear a size larger waist to fit my quad plus the kuiu knee pads come to my skins.

I got solid so I get more use out of them.

Thanks. All, helpful comments guys. I appreciate it. I wear a lot of Kryptek now along with Sitka. I’m just looking at how happy and impressive my Mammut has been and I’m thinking I might add the Altitude. Anyone know when it goes on sale?

LJ Buck

WKR
I have ran it and it is very nice but for the price VS FL or Sitka it doesn't come out on top. I would buy Schoeller fabric in solids from mountaineering companies.

I would say 1% of hunters (guys who spend 150days per yr afield) could get the full value out of these.

Can anyone give some input regarding the Tora vs Bora pants? I am thinking the Tora pants will be too light weight for Western hunting and the Bora would be a better, more universal, insulated, hunting pant. Could I get away with an insulation layer under the Tora? Would be in Colorado in September.

As a side note I have the Bora jacket already and it is exceptional. Great piece of kit.