First Lite

Rokwiia

WKR
Correct me if I'm wrong but it's my understanding that First Lite will no longer sell its products through third parties. In the future, sales will be direct through them rather than a dealer. That's fine, many companies do that and do it quite successfully.

When I go to their website for their Corrugate pant in Cipher, their latest and greatest camo pattern, it is not available in S, M, L, XL, M-tall or L-tall. To make matters worse, I decided to check out the Obsidian pant and not one pant available in Cipher in S, M, L, XL, M-tall or L-tall either. Huh??

In my opinion, these two pants in Cipher are flagship products that should be available year round. Can someone explain to me how this company can be out of these two pants in those 6 sizes in their Cipher pattern rolled out only 1 year ago?

Last edited:

robie

WKR
I would assume this is their restocking time of the year. My guess is by mid summer they will be stocked.

Did you reach out to them to see what is their ETA for stock?

My main question is when will we see a price drop? If they are cutting it retailers we should see a significant price drop.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

OP
Rokwiia

Rokwiia

WKR
The Corrugate pant can be worn year round. Wouldn't it make good business sense to have a staple, such as this pant, available to purchase year round?

In my opinion, we won't see a price reduction. Has the Company made any overtures about such a reduction?

I can think of a Company that makes trail-running shoes and the price is the same whether I buy it directly from them or one of their dealers.

robie

WKR
You are comparing apple's to oranges. A company that uses retailers have to sell at the same price as their retailers.

A company that doesn't use retailers doesn't have to include the 100% markup a retailer generally adds to a product.

Ryan Avery asked them in a interviews add he started their would be a price reduction.

Shoffman

FNG
I believe they will be restocked in mid June.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

pew

Lil-Rokslider
Per FL information video, the current prices are the “new” prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Rokwiia

Rokwiia

WKR
I'm new to First Lite. Is the $145 current price for the Corrugate pant lower than what it was selling for by dealers before?

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Correct me if I'm wrong but it's my understanding that First Lite will no longer sell its products through third parties. In the future, sales will be direct through them rather than a dealer. That's fine, many companies do that and do it quite successfully.

When I go to their website for their Corrugate pant in Cipher, their latest and greatest camo pattern, it is not available in S, M, L, XL, M-tall or L-tall. To make matters worse, I decided to check out the Obsidian pant and not one pant available in Cipher in S, M, L, XL, M-tall or L-tall either. Huh??

In my opinion, these two pants in Cipher are flagship products that should be available year round. Can someone explain to me how this company can be out of these two pants in those 6 sizes in their Cipher pattern rolled out only 1 year ago?

It’s actually very common for a company with yearly lines - this is the time of year when stuff is tougher to get.

Everything is supposed to be available in June; they’ve been saying it since January. The company is going direct, which I expect is going to take a few growing pains.

I’m not from First Lite, but roll onto Sitka this time of year and you also can’t buy “staple” stuff. I totally agree it would make sense and be nice for them to have things in stock year round - you have to temper that with reality and the size of company. If Sitka is out of stuff, I think it’s reasonable First Lite could be as well.

I’d give them a call Monday to discuss - I haven’t had a bad phone call yet with those folks.

Shoffman

FNG
I dont understand what the issue is, companies run out of stock all the time. They dont mass produce over in China(made right here in the good old usa) so they will run out of stock from time to time. Not a big deal.

OP
Rokwiia

Rokwiia

WKR
I can understand companies running out of seasonal products which won't be used until Fall but why would any company run out of product that can be used year round? The end result is that it pushes that customer to a competitor where a comparable product is available.

Let's take my example of the FL Corrugate and Sitka Ascent. FL doesn't have the Corrugate Cipher in stock currently (in the sizes outlined above) if their website is correct. I can go online to any number of Sitka dealers and order the Ascent tonight. It will be in the mail tomorrow. Alternatively, I can go to a retailer a few miles from me that has the Sitka Ascent in stock in my size in both the Optifade and Pyrite.

What's the issue? None for me. I can have the Ascent pant tomorrow. If I do, it may be that I become a Sitka fan who, in the future, buys his outdoor clothing and gear from Sitka rather than from FL. That's the issue.

robie

WKR
Your comparing a company owned by Gore to a relatively small company still owned by the founders?

I doubt their pockets are deep enough to maintain stock year round. I'm sure they place a large order once or twice a year as then adjust their orders basef on last year's sales.

Same issue with kuiu before they raised more capital recently.

Shoffman

FNG
More power to you, your opinion your decision. It's all good buddy same team. I try to stay American made that's all.

Squirrels

WKR
More power to you, your opinion your decision. It's all good buddy same team. I try to stay American made that's all.

What are you referring to being American made?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Rokwiia

Rokwiia

WKR
Your comparing a company owned by Gore to a relatively small company still owned by the founders?

I doubt their pockets are deep enough to maintain stock year round. I'm sure they place a large order once or twice a year as then adjust their orders basef on last year's sales. Same issue with kuiu before they raised more capital recently.

You are absolutely correct that it is difficult, if not impossible, to keep up with a much larger company stride for stride. They don't have to. Just always have one top and one pant for sale in the season it can be used.

Jbehredt

WKR
I dont understand what the issue is, companies run out of stock all the time. They dont mass produce over in China(made right here in the good old usa) so they will run out of stock from time to time. Not a big deal.

Most very first lite item I have says it was made in south east Asia.

I love my First Lite gear and I have alot of it, but I gotta agree that this lack of stock thing is frustrating. I don't get doing business that way, seems you'd lose alot of money?

h20fowler

Lil-Rokslider
Since when is FL made in America? More like "Designed in America, made in China", just like every other clothing brand out there...

My Uncompaghre says "Designed in America, made in Taiwan".

Shoffman

FNG
Yeah my bad, just noticed, man at least my exo and my kifaru packs are made in America, lol

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
Multiple stores around here marked their FL -40% when the consumer direct model was announced. I suspect that was their mark-up or close too it. I doubt we will see prices 40% lower now from FL. Seems like KUIU led the way to more profit for all these guys......