Who Offers good Big and Tall hunting gear

Elkrutnut

FNG
All

My brother in Law wants to get into backpack hunting with me. He has asked for my opinion on what gear he should buy to get started. The only problem is he is 6' 8" and about 255. I dont want to recommend gear to him that will not fit him correctly. If there are any other tall guys on here that can let me know which brands have fit them well so i can let him know that would be great.

Thanks

jjjjeremy

Lil-Rokslider
I'm borderline Big and Tall at 6'3" and 225. If a brand makes a large-tall, it will fit me perfectly, no exceptions. With my 78" wingspan First Lite and Black Ovis merino base layer tops fit me in XL because they're cut slim so they fit more like a large tall. The first lite corrugate pants come in a large tall, depending on his waist size he'll likely fit an XLT in those pants. I'm going to post my own fit writeup in a bit.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
SKRE gear is generous in sleeve length which is my biggest gripe with most clothing companies. They also offer a tall in pants. The customer service is top notch give them a call they should be able to tell you what'll fit.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Murdy

WKR
First Lite stuff runs pretty big. I'm 6'3", but more torso than leg. I've had some luck with some Cabela's stuff, but it not all. My UA baselayers have plenty of arm/leg/torso length.

haus

FNG
6'7" 270lb here, I have a mixed set of sitka, first lite, and kuiu gear.
FL - Kanab 2.0 pant size XT
FL - llano, llano T, and chama hoodie size XXL
Sitka - Fanatic Hoodie in elevated 2, sitka heavy core base layer. All XXL
Sitka - Mountain and Ascent pant - 38T
Kuiu - chugach rain jacket XXL, teton rain pant XXL.

Only piece i have thats a bit small is the chama hoodie torso length is short. Careful with sitka tops, varies pieces of base, mid, and outerwear are short in the torso. Cant speak for any KUIU piece beyond their rain gear, which both fit well.

I'm 6'5 270 and I wear Sitka. Sitka now has xl and 2xl tall in most of their offerings. I wear 2xl tops, some 3xl depending and 38 tall pants with no problem. I would check Sitka's website since they just introduced the new tall stuff. I've been a Sitka guy since 2008

I am 6'3" and 290 and I can wear almost anything in 2xl except for the fact the sleaves are generally 2 inches short. It bugs the hell out of me. for that reason I love Cabelas. They offer almost all of their lines in tall sizes. First light also fits me fairly well wearing a normal 2XL.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
All

My brother in Law wants to get into backpack hunting with me. He has asked for my opinion on what gear he should buy to get started. The only problem is he is 6' 8" and about 255. I dont want to recommend gear to him that will not fit him correctly. If there are any other tall guys on here that can let me know which brands have fit them well so i can let him know that would be great.

Thanks

Look into Sitka gear. They make Tall's in their jackets, base layers, and pants. I have met a couple people who have been 6'6" 290 and they fit just fine. With a little extra room in the sleeves.

Last edited: