2-Way vs 4-Way Stretch

Rokwiia

WKR
I'm looking at getting a new pair of pants. Several names are popular here such as the Corrugate, Prana Zion and EB Guide. I noticed the EB Guide pant is a 2-way stretch material whereas the Corrugate and Zion are 4-way stretch.

What are the implications of having 2-way versus 4-way stretch pant material?

I got different pants that advertise both. My short answer is that 4-way stretch simply stretches more.

I guess if I tried to get technical, 2-way stretch is in the fibers longitudinal direction only and 4-way is both longitudinal and transverse.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Squirrels

WKR
2 way is plenty. Don’t over think it bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 way is plenty. Don’t over think it bud.

Actually I think 4-way stretch is the bomb. Love how I can move in them. Yeah, 2 -way is fine for some activities.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
Rokwiia

Rokwiia

WKR
2 way is plenty. Don’t over think it bud. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just trying to avail myself of the facts before buying. Similar to asking questions about nylon vs polyester. Subtle differences can matter to some, others not so much.

Squirrels

WKR
I understand what you’re asking and saying. My experience is there isn’t enough difference in the two to matter. Get the most bang for your buck. But definitely go nylon.

Obi-wanshinobi

Lil-Rokslider
I understand what you’re asking and saying. My experience is there isn’t enough difference in the two to matter. Get the most bang for your buck. But definitely go nylon.

I agree with this. I’ve pretty much resorted to cheap pants over the more expensive pants from hunting companies.

bozeman

WKR
The Wrangler flex pants for $25 and using 2 way stretch are hard to best especially for the minimal gains. Maybe if wearing them every day of a season, but not for a week or so or a few days at a time. Good luck. Post up what you decide to buy!