Kryptek Reviews

I am looking for some reviews/input from those that have used Kryptek clothing over sometime. Looking for info on durability, waterproof and DWR longevity, function in extreme cold (NE Iowa/MN winters, stand hunting whitetails). I am looking at a lot of the line that they offer for hunting from turkey season, elk, mule deer and whitetail. How are they better or worse than other brands?

Thanks.

Girlfriend and I both have aquillo down, koldo rain pants & jacket, valhalla pant, borealis jacket, and hoplite long sleeve 1/4 zip, love all of it! The koldo pieces are bomb-proof, the aquillo is very light and warm, and the rest of the stuff is great as well.

I have a vest that has like a high loft fleece in it. I love it. The hand pockets are extra big not like normal hand pockets. I can lay a water bottle on it’s side and push it back and there is still room for my hands. Only issue is I wish I got a size larger.

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
Search YouTube for video reviews by Aron Snyder and Jordan Budd. Additionally, Top Priority Hunting did a whole series (6 videos in total) on the Kryptek gear that the team wears and why. Very good review. Also, Robby Denning and several guest contributors have reviewed Kryptek systems and items.

I have many Kryptek pieces and am very pleased. For comparison, I have more than a dozen items (jackets, pants, shirts) from Sitka and quite a few items from Under Armour as well. I go back and forth between Kryptek and Sitka. Generally, Kryptek is quieter. Good stuff and good company.

Last edited:

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Plenty of reviews out there and on here. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to send me a pm. I have been using their self since 2012.

Fitzwho

WKR
I have a lot of it. For stand hunting you’ll want to look at the Aegis Extreme, Vellus, and Anorak Jacket. The Aquillo down jacket is the nicest piece of gear I have. It’s windproof (nice and toasting with no draft in a bass boat at 44F running 50+ mph) and much quieter than other down jackets I’ve had. The Borealis Jacket is awesome.

I have Valhalla pants and pRana Zion pants and I feel like the Valhalla is a quite fabric but a lighter (possibly less durable), but haven’t had issues with either.

Drop Bear

FNG
Apologies if this is a bit of a grave dig, but I'm interested in some info on the Kryptec Valhalla pants. Are these pants quiet? I've got a pair of ASAT pants, they are great apart from being noisy. I need something silent for bowhunting.

Serious fabric piling on the Valhalla pants, Sherpa hoody, and the lightweight fleece vest are the only complaints I would state when I had these items. They are quiet and comfortable, fit was nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My experience with Kryptec is they wont honor their 1 year warranty if you buy it from a “discount “ website. I bought from camofire and they would not warranty it. A 1 year warranty is crap compared to the other brands and then not to even honor that. They dont get any more of my money

MadDawg

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Valhalla and I LOVE them. Im not sure how loud your asats are but I would consider the kryptek pants very quiet

Drop Bear

FNG
OK so my order from Kryptec Arrived. I got the Valhalla and Poseidon pants and the primaloft vest. I haven't used them unting yet but first impressions. Fit is excellent and design generally seems well thought out.

The Valhalla pants aren't silent, but they are quieter then my ASATs. I prefer a few big pockets, the pockets on these are smaller and only have two with zip closure options. There are some mid thigh pockets I've got no idea what you would put in - paddle pop sticks?? Good pants, keen to try them in the field.

The Vest is a great length, light and warm. Quiet for a light weight insulated item. The length is good, although I would have prefered a longer collar and deeper pockets. Overall, very happy with this item.

The Posiedon pants will really depend how they go in the rain. But, the belt system is the best of rain pants i have tried and the leg openings are well designed. A little noisy but to be expected for a light waterproof shell. I think this is a good trade off for waterproof pants - i won't put them on until the rain is heavy at which point noise is less of a factor. They will be something I keep in my pack but rarely use to light weight is good.

I have some of there stuff. Borealis Hybrid shirt, Kratos Vest, Ragnor Pants, Aegis bibs, Koldo Rain pants, Sherpa hoodie

My favorite piece is their Borealis Hybrid shirt. I wear this when the temps up here get below zero and sit in a ground blind or stand. Wear it over an Icebreaker 200g shirt, then a wool sweater and I am toasty warm. Also wear it next to the skin, add a Kratos vest and I am warm checking stands and cameras.

I love the Koldo rain pants, they are bombproof and wear well. A little heavy but I don't worry about that when I already have 4-5lbs boots on

The Aegis are great late season bibs that work well in the blind or stand. Warm, quiet and comfy

Ragnor are early season and although they are nice, I don't see them much better than other light weight pants. the knee pads are a nice touch.

The vest I gave to a buddy as I am not really a vest wearer, but it was a nice piece and fit well with the Hybrid as another layer.

The hoody is one I wear when checking cameras, but it has been pilling and not sure long it will last before get thread bare.
I like their stuff and it is good quality, their camo is unique and their fit is pretty good.

Cheers

SS