Kuiu Tiburon Alternative

Benjblt

WKR
Any one out there know of a good Tiburon pant alternative? Something that breathes really well in 70 degree plus weather? The Tiburon seems like the perfect hot weather pant with the air-dot fabric and hip vents but it, like all high end company's pants, is pretty expensive. Also, I question the durability. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks.

WRO

WKR
I run the Eddie bauer pro guide pants. Get them for 50.00 on sale.

Great pant for the money.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
Benjblt

Benjblt

WKR
I run the Eddie bauer pro guide pants. Get them for 50.00 on sale.

Great pant for the money.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It doesn't seem like they would breathe as well as the Tiburon. I've looked at those before. They do look nice.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can tell you the SKRE unita pants are the best warm weather pants I've worn. Hip vents and air flow fabric. I had great success wearing them over twenty plus day in the west desert mountains of Utah. Much cooler than my EB guides.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

MIKEYB

WKR
Outdoor research Ferrosi pants are my go to in hot weather hiking. They do not have hip zips, but I run the convertibles. super stretchy. I consider them to be durable. They are ripstop and I poked a hole from a tool in my back pocket and have trouble finding the hole at times and it has not spread.

I wear guide pros almost daily and they are a good pant, but I think there are better breathable and durable options out there.

I also run the tiburon's in hot weather hunting. They have proven to be durable for me lasting several seasons. they are piling pretty good in the crotch and tend to pick up stickers in the bush. They are also only 2 way stretch but that's not much of an issue.

Interested in the BD's as they seem similar to the OR's but one uses spandex while the other use elastane. I'm not sure on the differences?

Any one out there know of a good Tiburon pant alternative? Something that breathes really well in 70 degree plus weather? The Tiburon seems like the perfect hot weather pant with the air-dot fabric and hip vents but it, like all high end company's pants, is pretty expensive. Also, I question the durability. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks.

I wouldn't question the durability. I have found them to be super durable. Tiburon pants pants and a solid color of attack pants are the only kuiu items I have hung on to over the years.

cjl32

Lil-Rokslider
I have the tiburon and every other pant mentioned so far in this thread except the Ferrosi pants. The SKRE unita and the Tiburon are pretty close in performance and the only thing I have that comes close to breathability of either is the Kryptec Valhalla but without the zippered hip vents I don't think anything else will be comparable.

OP
Benjblt

Benjblt

WKR
A couple of you guys reference the SKRE pants. I've never looked at them before but I'm not sure if I like their camo. . It looks like they have a nice return policy where they will pay for shipping to insure correct sizing.

JNDEER

WKR
the SKRE is the same price as the Tiburon pants. There is no pant on the market that will keep you as cool as the Tiburon pants. I have ran the tibs since Kuiu came out with them and still have and use my original pairs. I finally got a 2" slice in one last year on a recovery mission for a lost hunter that got turned around in 8' tall buck brush.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
A couple of you guys reference the SKRE pants. I've never looked at them before but I'm not sure if I like their camo. . It looks like they have a nice return policy where they will pay for shipping to insure correct sizing.

They have two patterns now.
Check out this thread. Ultimate SKRE Gear Review
Ultimate SKRE Gear Review

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do you guys feel like the Tiburon pants provide sun protection?

Yes. Definitely watch the video on the Unitas in the thread I posted. I commented about the difference and my preference between them and the tiburons.