Kelvin Active Jacket

Could this jacket offer enough warmth to be my lone insulation piece into mid September in Colorado? I typically hunt only archery season an tend to be quite mobile during that time. However, I am wondering if I should have a thicker puffy in the pack for insurance if things go south, thoughts? Thanks for the help

excaliber

WKR
Do you plan on using the active jacket while moving or just when sitting and glassing for warmth? I think the Active Jacket is kind of a weird piece IMHO. It would be too warm for me to hunt in unless it was below freezing. If you are planning on the latter I'd rather have a Kelvin lite Hoody.

OP
autumnaspens
Do you plan on using the active jacket while moving or just when sitting and glassing for warmth? I think the Active Jacket is kind of a weird piece IMHO. It would be too warm for me to hunt in unless it was below freezing. If you are planning on the latter I'd rather have a Kelvin lite Hoody.

I think I would prefer to have something for stationary use. I just didn't know if the active would be warm enough that time of the year for dual purpose. I am thinking of going with the kelvin lite hoody to offer the extra warmth and a hood should I need it.

Kotaman

WKR
As much as I love this piece, it is an awkward fit into my system. When I want to sit and glass, I want the warmth of an insulated puffy (Kelvin Lite Hoody). Unless it is COLD, the Active is too heavy to hike in. I agree with Excalibur on all points. I love the Active, but usually leave it at home on my mountain hunts where space is at a premium.