Why not Kryptek?

OP
P
Spent quite some time on the phone with Kryptek. By the sounds of things, they are really just getting started. Great to talk with as well and some big things to come. Materials used, warranty, new designs, etc. As far as advertising, I think that was just it. A lack of real marketing but I would assume that was by choice...from what I understood. Late June, Gear will be showing up!!

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Aegis Line: great for still hunting, good fit, quiet, decent waterproofness, it's heavy and the pant leg zipper sucks....bad. Overall it has its place in my closet for winter and tree stands.

Sherpa Zip Hoody: warm, fit is a little larger than Sitka, thumbholes don't quite line up for me without a twist, hood is awesome when it's zipped up and covering your face, unzipped it's awkward and leaves a lot of fabric flopping around.

Kiska Beanie: too small for my dome, insulation is bassackwards. Ears have no insulation, top is insulated well, I'm assuming coming from a military gear outfitter the thin ears are to help hear coms.

Krypton Gloves: favorite light layer gloves I've ever worn, I cannot keep from blowing the seam out between the thumb and finger though. Warrantied one pair, feel bad sending them back again. In my opinion it's from hiking with trekking poles.

Overall I feel like quality is a pinch below my Sitka line but I do not own anything from the new Altitude line. I have heard great things about that stuff but if I was to buy anything with Schoeller fabric it would be from a mountaineering company at $200+ less for essentially the same piece in non-camo.

When I did use the warranty department, THEY WERE AMAZING! Huge props for that.

It would be interesting to see the prices of the Altitude without camo. I know the way they put on the camo is very expensive.

I have used Kryptek from the start and IMO they have defiantly stepped up their game in the last two years.

Butch talks about the wet printing on the Altitude line in this video

[video=youtube_share;jW-6TfEEqu8]https://youtu.be/jW-6TfEEqu8?list=PLBsWeLkJhajOOnBIY1LNe_MQgpDDlg-Nz[/video]

Last edited:

TwoTikkas

WKR
I recently picked up the Vellus pant. Wanted to do a hands on quality check. Been looking for a mid to heavy fleece for whitetail. Impressive piece. The seams,zippers,and over all fit were well executed. My only complaint is being a little short in the rise. Been watching for the matching jacket at a good price. I think I'll like the outfit for stand hunting here in PA.

OP
P
Aegis Line: great for still hunting, good fit, quiet, decent waterproofness, it's heavy and the pant leg zipper sucks....bad. Overall it has its place in my closet for winter and tree stands.

Sherpa Zip Hoody: warm, fit is a little larger than Sitka, thumbholes don't quite line up for me without a twist, hood is awesome when it's zipped up and covering your face, unzipped it's awkward and leaves a lot of fabric flopping around.

Kiska Beanie: too small for my dome, insulation is bassackwards. Ears have no insulation, top is insulated well, I'm assuming coming from a military gear outfitter the thin ears are to help hear coms.

Krypton Gloves: favorite light layer gloves I've ever worn, I cannot keep from blowing the seam out between the thumb and finger though. Warrantied one pair, feel bad sending them back again. In my opinion it's from hiking with trekking poles.

Overall I feel like quality is a pinch below my Sitka line but I do not own anything from the new Altitude line. I have heard great things about that stuff but if I was to buy anything with Schoeller fabric it would be from a mountaineering company at $200+ less for essentially the same piece in non-camo.

When I did use the warranty department, THEY WERE AMAZING! Huge props for that.

Thanks for the info. Altitude line looks pretty great!

OP
P
I recently picked up the Vellus pant. Wanted to do a hands on quality check. Been looking for a mid to heavy fleece for whitetail. Impressive piece. The seams,zippers,and over all fit were well executed. My only complaint is being a little short in the rise. Been watching for the matching jacket at a good price. I think I'll like the outfit for stand hunting here in PA.

Good to know. We are replacing our Sitka Whitetail line as well and was hoping they had something as warm and quiet. Thanks

Haha I'm with NDGuy! What you got!?

On this line though - I'm in the market for a new rain jacket for an AK caribou hunt, and thought I had it narrowed down to the FL SEAK. Anyone have any experience with the Koldo Rain Jacket? I've read multiple threads between the Kuiu Yukon and the FL and the Sitka - nothing on the Koldo...

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
Very happy with Kryptek. I have equal amounts of both Kryptek and Sitka. I’d say quality is about equal. Features are different. Generally the Kryptek is quieter, more breathable and less wind resistant (Dalibor and Cadog) and warm and weather proof for whitetail tree stand hunting (Vellus). I’m very pleased with Kryptek overall (I can’t say anything negative about Sitka either). I also find the Kryptek merino gloves are the best mid weight glove I’ve found.

I have the Koldo pants and jacket too. Have used them elk hunting and in the deep Adirondack woods. Very durable and completely waterproof. Not as light weight as Kuiu but very durable.

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
It would be interesting to see the prices of the Altitude without camo. I know the way they put on the camo is very expensive.

If they could do the same line in moss/forest color for less money, I'd be going that route for my next set of rain gear. I've been leaning towards Sitka Stormfront in solids but if I could swing Schoeller fabric for the same price, I'd go that route. That stuff is no joke, the soft shell pieces from Arc'teryx and Mammut are top notch.

OP
P
If they could do the same line in moss/forest color for less money, I'd be going that route for my next set of rain gear. I've been leaning towards Sitka Stormfront in solids but if I could swing Schoeller fabric for the same price, I'd go that route. That stuff is no joke, the soft shell pieces from Arc'teryx and Mammut are top notch.

I have the Stormfront and have used it for years. Beat it up a few times in Alaska and BC. Honestly doesn’t even compare to my Arc’Teryx Jacket that uses Schoeller. I would love to see the Kryptek line in solids using it. IMO, best out there. Take a hard shell 100% bombproof Jacket and actually makes it comfortable. The Stormfront not so much.

Tauntohawk

Lil-Rokslider
If I wasn't a mix and match on sale or second hand only guy and was going to go full matchie matchie with one brand it would be first lite I fusion for sure

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

ytlogger

FNG

I've been weighing the cost/value of the Takur for about a year. I have Impertech and a few different Gore-Tex but I generate a lot of body heat and sweat and it's a challenge to stay cool when you need to have a layer for windy wet times. Logging in winter, I dress like most guys do for a fall day just to stay dry. I don't really care if it's camo or not, performance is what I'm after, so I'm interested in the C- thing. A reliable set of reviews seems to be elusive.

Dobermann

WKR
A few recent episodes of Kifarucast have Aron and Frank's experiences with some Kryptek gear ... from memory, while Aron's been running a lot of Sitka recently, I think he said something in one podcaset along the lines of the Kryptek rain gear being the best available.

WYCFM1

WKR
When you start liquidating your Sitka stuff. Pm me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk