Kifaru Lost Park Parka - Full zip or pullover?

There's plenty info out there on the pullover version but not much on the full zip. I'm not a huge fan of pullovers so thinking of getting the full zip. Does anyone has any experience with either that they can chime in.

The pullover seems like it might be warmer, especially for the hands with the big pocket. I also like how you can pass a pack hip belt through it and still use the pocket. I just don't think I'll enjoy using it as a pullover and a full zip sure is convenient.

I live on the BC coast and spend a lot of time in damp cold boats so I'll probably live in this jacket for half the year.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Been using both for a while. The pullover seems a bit warmer and a better windbreaker. But I defiantly wear the full zip more. It's just convenient and its plenty warm.

OP
Black-tailed
That's what I figured, the convenience of a full zip goes a long way. Maybe I'll just have to get both and be done with it. They sure seem bomb proof like most things Kifaru.

mod700

Lil-Rokslider
For what it's worth, I was at the factory about a week ago, tried on the zip model checking for size, was told the pull over model was a more athletic cut,.. I'll probably lean toward the zip model, easier off/on, and full "venting". A well built and designed piece, as I expected.
Mike

mcseal2

WKR
Just ordered a full zip this week and will have a 2xl Highlander pullover for sale if I like it as much as I think I will. I love everything about the LPP except the pull-over part.