Nunatak custom apex insulated pants.

Thanks for putting this on my radar. Does anyone have suggestions on relative temperature ranges for the various weights of apex insulation?

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
for sleeping 2.5 ~ 50 degrees, 3.6 ~ 40 degrees, 5.6 ~ 30 degrees

on clothing, my 2.5 hooded is good static to probably 40 degrees, I’ve used it into the teens with a mid-layer fleece under and a windshirt over glassing for a couple of hours; of course everyone is a little different

OP
wind gypsy
Mine showed up this week, I’m really happy with my choice. They are a little baggier than needed, will be very comfy. I got the suspenders and would advise against that addition if ordering again. They don’t weigh anything so they aren’t going to fall down.

Full zip, 3.6 apex, 28” inseam, 34-36 waist = 11.5 ounces.

Skyhigh

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for putting this on my radar. Does anyone have suggestions on relative temperature ranges for the various weights of apex insulation?

The LPP from Kifaru uses 3.6, I have used the LPP comfortably down to -10 while ice fishing more than once.

OP
wind gypsy
to those who have used the skaha, with a pack on and waistbelt over the jacket, can you still access the hand warmer pocket?

I have a full zip. If you are looking for a half zip with kangaroo pouch you can probably have Jan configure it to run the belt through the pocket if that’s what you’re after.

He has been very accommodating with customizations. Makes a guy think maybe I should stop talking about it so he doesn’t get too busy to do it anymore!

ozyclint

WKR
i'm worried that with a roo pouch and running the belt through the pouch itself that the belt pouches will not allow it to do so. i have a small and large belt pouch on the belt.
i think i'd sooner run the belt over the jacket and have the roo pouch configured so that it is above the belt and below the half zip.