Let’s talk underwear

Agreed on Exofficio. I’ve phased out all my old underwear and have gone all in with these. Here’s a nice review I did Field Tested and Approved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EXCELLENT!!

Just bought 5 pairs of medalist off of camofire. So far so good. Havent put through the ringer yet though. The pricing on the exoficios is nuts. $13 for one (in white)...$61 if you get a pair!! Seems reasonable.

ColeKira

FNG
I wear Reebok performance underwear that's nylon/spandex blend. I wear them for work, hiking, hunting and bjj. Any sports nylon/spandex blend will do but a bought a bunch of these on sale, so its what I wear.

N2TRKYS

WKR
Cotton absorbs sweat and stays WET for days. That's horrible for any activity, let alone hunting when you're out there for days on end.

I've tried the Ex-officio as well and now understand where the term "swamp ***" comes from. Never again. Merino is the only option IMO.

I've bought my last wool based base layer. It feels like it keeps sweat between my skin and the garment. I bought into the hype and had to try it. After using it for awhile, I found out that it doesn't work for me. I went back to what works for me.

mcmurder77

Lil-Rokslider
I really like the Duluth buck naked underwater for the money. Second for me are the firstlite Merino boxers, although they are more expensive and not quite as durable I find them to be more comfortable than the Duluth.

SpannerAK

Lil-Rokslider
Minus33's boxer briefs are my choice for 24/7 wear. I get about 9-12 months out of a pair before they wear out. Plenty of support, no riding up, and excellent odor control.

BG775

FNG
Exofficio boxer briefs. I started out with a few pairs for hunting and have nothing but for everyday wear now.

CorbLand

WKR
I like the Under Armor ones. They are comfortable, breath well and don’t rise up. They are kind of pricey at $20 a pair but I love them for hunting.

jack88

Lil-Rokslider
Lulu lemon, go ahead and laugh. Been wearing them for years. They blow under armor out of the water! I've had 2 pairs of first lite merino wool ones and they were great for 2 months until they self destructed.

OP
T
Thanks everyone! Gunna pick up a pair of a couple mentioned above and give them a try.

I wear cotton boxer briefs in my normal day to day at work. When I hike/hunt/workout, I have been wearing a Duluth Trading Buck Naked boxer brief. I liked them at first because of their comfort. But now after a few months I’m ready to say I DO NOT recommend. They are comfy for around the house, but if sitting for long periods the fabric face kind of “bites” your skin. And my goods SWEAT like CRAZY in them. They are not breathable at ALLLLL. I’m a bigger dude with a 42 waist and thighs to match, and I swear guys don’t buy these. I’ve never had a boxer make my junk sweat as much as the Duluth Buck Nakeds. It’s awful, so awful in fact that I am looking into buying a pair of FL merino boxers and felt obligated to come on and post about the Duluth’s. If anyone disagrees, then so be it I’m a sweatier guy, but at least in my experience it’s the worst pair of “non traditional” boxers I’ve ever owned from a breathability and sweat standpoint. Hot balls all day, sweaty balls all day.

H80Hunter

WKR
I really like the Duluth buck named boxers. I’m sure the boxer briefs would be good too if that was your preference.

tanker

Lil-Rokslider
UA for both everyday and hunting. Hunting buddy was wearing cotton a few years ago and got a bad sack sore after a handful of days. He is a believer in synthetic and or merino now after I told him cotton was the problem.

Wags

WKR
I've been using the Costco 32 degree mesh boxer briefs at work the last few months and they are very comfortable and keep the swamp ass to a minimum. For warm hunts I'd rock them.

Cooler hunts I have the FL Merino's that are really comfortable as well.

jd1006

WKR
day to day - exofficio give and go. But, they do lose their shape over time. If its hot and i’m active, the Peloton 118 from Kuiu…dries SOOO quickly. If i’m not getting a shower, Sitka lightweight merino. I’m not sure if Kuiu is bringing back the Peloton boxer…but I really hope so.