Morel Recipes & Storeage

treillw

WKR
I was lucky enough to find a decent number of morels. I have fried some in butter and onions and put them on a steak and they were delicious. I also tried coating a few in flour first and they were probably my favorite.

I was wondering if anybody had great recipes or ways to prepare them that they would be willing to share? I would like to do something a little special with them.

I dehydrated them and was thinking of vacuum packing them to store them. Anybody ever go that route?

Thanks!

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I found a good number this year too. I dehydrated most of them and have them in a Mason jar.

As far as cooking, I've been a big fan of the fry pan and a little butter. Let me know if you find something better!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

xziang

WKR
Dumb question are you finding morels now? Our season here in the Midwest has been over for a long time now. Roll the shrooms in some batter (eggs and milk) and then roll them around in some cracker crumbs and fry them up. I've heard of people just freezing them as they are for long term storage. I always end up eating them all and or giving some to family and friends.

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
Dumb question are you finding morels now? Our season here in the Midwest has been over for a long time now. Roll the shrooms in some batter (eggs and milk) and then roll them around in some cracker crumbs and fry them up. I've heard of people just freezing them as they are for long term storage. I always end up eating them all and or giving some to family and friends.

Yeah, I found some this past weekend. Our season is winding down too as I understand it.

Thanks for the idea - I'll give it a try.