Peak refuel

cvsetter

FNG
Get my meals together for this sept. anyone use the dinners or breakfasts from peak refuel and what did you think if them?

Have done the Beef Pasta Marinara and the Breakfast Skillet. Both were great and that breakfast one is especially hearty.

tlkaetz

WKR
I have tried the Chicken Alfredo and it tasted great. I just ordered a bunch of the dinners from BlackOvis. They a running a 20% off sale right now.

I’ve got the “base camp” package coming for my Wyoming trip. I’ll report back what I think of them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got back from my hunt. These meals were awesome! Loved every one that I tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve gotten a couple in my backcountry fuel box and they were both really good. Definitely on the list for hunting season.

Ears

FNG
I tried a few of the flavors at the W.H.E. this year. They said they were coming out with some new flavors in...June? I think. I'm going to give them a try on a 2 week drop hunt this year, along with MH Spicy SW Breakfast Hash and modified MH Granola. I liked the taste of the Refuel and liked what the company stood for.

I bought a sampler pack and have tried the Strawberry Granola, Breakfast skillet, and the Sweet Pork and Rice. I loved the first 2 but the Sweet pork was way to sugary for me and that is all I tasted. I think they could get away with half of the 117g of sugar and maybe add a little spice to it.

I bought a sampler pack and have tried the Strawberry Granola, Breakfast skillet, and the Sweet Pork and Rice. I loved the first 2 but the Sweet pork was way to sugary for me and that is all I tasted. I think they could get away with half of the 117g of sugar and maybe add a little spice to it.
117 grams of sugar? That must not be correct. That's more than 2 12 ounce cokes.

tam9492

WKR
I've had the sweet pork as well, but I no longer have the package. I thought it was mighty delicious. One thing to consider is that each pouch is considered two servings, so cut that amount in half for a serving size.

Here is the nutritional values. I know that is for 2 servings , but out in the woods I wanted to eat both to keep the calories up but taking less volume of food.
7c951012f42f007e6097377cecd19adc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Here is the nutritional values. I know that is for 2 servings , but out in the woods I wanted to eat both to keep the calories up but taking less volume of food.
7c951012f42f007e6097377cecd19adc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
That's way too much sugar in an entree in my opinion. And nobody I know is eating half of a freeze dried meal. I know I always eat the whole thing. Just my 2 cents. That seems crazy to me.

Wow! That’s a whole lot of sugar. Just looked at the MH sweet and sour pork with rice and it has 17g per serving.