Cooking bags help

xziang

WKR
I am unable to find the post i saw on here before in regards to the cooking type bags (mylar i believe) Does anyone have a link to some and or what I should search on for the mountain house style zip lock bags? I plan to split some items up and just cook items in smaller portions.

I found these but not sure they are what i am looking for.

Amazon.com: Dry-Packs 10-1-Quart Mylar Bags, 8 by 8-Inch for Dried Dehydrafted: Home & Kitchen

Any help would be appreciated.. yes i know google is your friend but getting a lot of food storage bags and bear bags

oenanthe

WKR
A lot of folks just use good-quality freezer bags; if you search on that term you'll get lots of hits. Not sure that's what you're looking for, but I thought I'd throw it out there just in case.

Smash

Lil-Rokslider
You could always get like a bot. Which is a titanium pot with a screw on lid. Works well for cold soaking too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
X

xziang

WKR
I generally use a jetboil which is only safe/good for boiling water. You do bring up a good point though with the ti pot. Freezer bags if we are talking about the same ones wouldnt work due to pouring boiling water into them. I'm gojng tk try a search with bing shortly for maybe some different results.

You could always get like a bot. Which is a titanium pot with a screw on lid. Works well for cold soaking too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1

Pack your home grown mountain house creation, or reportioned packages however you like. Put one portion and cold water into the bot, then when you are hungry, heat and eat.

Bulldawg

WKR
You can pour boiling water into freezer bags no problem, heck if you're real careful you can boil water over a fire in a freezer bag. I use vacuum seal bags with the ziplock on them, I make my own dehydrated meals, vacuum seal to save space, and pour boiling water on them in the field to eat. I do use a cozy to keep them warm longer since they aren't a foil lined bag and the food can get cold faster especially since dehydrated foods seem to take longer to rehydrate than freeze dried. This is what I use.

https://www.katadynngo.com/us/us/230-8018269-optimus-h-eat-insulation-pouch