some food questions

My wife bought a dehydrator for fruit so I decided to dehydrate some venison chili and also some venison meat sauce and shells. I figured this was much better for me than the mountain houses that I have tried with all of that salt.

How do you store it? I separated it into two servings per freezer bag and then put in the freezer. Is this best practices? What does everyone else do?

Then I have another question about Peanut butter ,honey and bacon. Am I better off pre making them on say a bagel or a wrap? Or would I be better off taking the components and making them in the field with either the bagel or the wrap?

Thanks in advance!

FlyGuy

WKR
Can't help on the dehydration questions, but I pre-made my sandwiches. I used an English muffin. Important to toast them BEFORE you spread on the PB & Honey so it doesn't just soak through. Then I laid on the bacon and put them in vacuum seal bags and then into the freezer.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

JPHuntingAUS

Lil-Rokslider
Dehydrated and freeze dried are very different things, something to bear in mind.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Lurjukka

Banned
It seems to me that here it is necessary to deep freeze and vacuum packaging that would increase the shelf life

When I dehydrate my own meals like chili etc, I put the serving in a freezer bag and then store in the freezer until the hunt. I don't know if it is necessary to freeze, but I figure it will help it keep longer.

As for the buttholes, I use wraps, so not really buttholes. I will pre-make them if hiking in, but prefer to make them at camp if camping near the truck or ATV.