cioppino

anybody ever had cioppino?
my mom made it this weekend, with halibut, shrimp, scallops etc.
different but very good, seems relatively healthy for how good it was.

T43

Lil-Rokslider
One of my favorites! The fishermans grotto outside of Coos Bay has the best I have tasted.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I was just telling my wife that we needed to go find a good cioppino somewhere. Good luck in Colorado though. Used to have a good one in Monterey.

OBP

WKR
Another yes here, my dad makes the best cioppino I've ever had. Definitely agree with a3dhunter, the second day is way better than the first.

Mckinnon

WKR
Agree with others saying quality ingredients (mainly seafood) is a must! It is tradition for us with our neighbor around new years

Akshphntr

FNG
Guys, chiopinno is the bomb. They sell a jar of sauce in the safe ways up here and bags of assorted seafood you can combine for easy quick recipe. Or you can make it from scratch with fresh clams and mussels on the beach and think you are in heaven! I've put some fresh shellfish and flounder in a pot of marinara on the beach and you would be happy. Remember a loaf of French bread to dip and it's even better!

Cioppino.jpg

I can see Becca & Luke making this on the boat while hunting spring black bear. Yum.
Hunt'nFish

KJH

WKR
It's my family's Christmas eve seafood tradition. Homemade is the best, but Legal Seafood's (restaurant) is a close second.

bbc26

Lil-Rokslider
Tadich Grill in San Francisco is the best I've ever had. It was also the first time I'd ever had it. Been trying to find somewhere close to home in SoCal that can match it with no luck. Tried making it a few times but wasn't the same.

3forks

WKR
Tadich Grill in San Francisco is the best I've ever had. It was also the first time I'd ever had it. Been trying to find somewhere close to home in SoCal that can match it with no luck. Tried making it a few times but wasn't the same.

I'm a cioppino aficionado so this thread caught my eye.

I've had the cioppino at the Tadich Grill and if you're in SFO again, suggest you hit the Woodhouse... It's the best I've ever had.

ben h

Lil-Rokslider
I've only had cioppino a couple of times. In Salt Lake there is only one restaurant I'm aware of that even makes it (Market Street) and it is fantastic. I bet closer to the ocean it's even better. If it's on the menu anywhere I go, that's what I'm getting. For those of you that have made a big batch, how much do you spend on it? Every time I've purchased it for around $25/big bowl, I actually thought that was a good deal considering everything that goes into it.