Butthole sandwiches ready to go

colersu22

WKR
I always use large flour tortillas with a layer of peanut butter topped with honey and bacon bits or chopped bacon then roll them up.

how long would these keep for in 80 degree temps? Im doing a 2 night backpacking trip on kauai and not sure how they would hold up but would love to try a butthole sandwich : )

These will last a while, even during warm weather. Vacu-packed singly, I would think you could get 4 days+ even in a warm climate. I had some in my fridge I was eating about a month after a hunt, they were fine.

Tejasbow

FNG
last year I brought a butthole sandwhich for lunch everyday of the hunt.

By day 3 I wanted to cry. I do not know how much more my jaw could take. It was rough several days in a row. But they are good and full of calories.

Randle

WKR
I could not carry enough water to make myself eat them everyday. ..
They a good every now and then. Maybe I am doing something wrong haha

Squirrels

WKR
Anybody tried them with sanwhich rounds instead of bagels? May not wear the jaw out after a couple days like bagels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bagels help them hold up in the pack since they are so tough. I like sandwich rounds but they are pretty flimsy. If you look at the ingredients they are mostly somewhat shelf stable so if you seal them well, don't need a lot of refrigeration. I freeze them and keep them in the cooler as long as possible just to help.

I love them and make them up before our hunts. Everyone else steals them.

I use just a plain or whole wheat bagel. The everything doesn't sound that great to me either. Maybe a blueberry or cinnamon bagel would taste good too.

I also use regular bacon. I figure I'm on vacation, might as well enjoy the thing as much as possible. :)

BKhunter

WKR
Could you keep these in a pack for a week long hunt in September? I'm backpacking in and looking for lunch options. Not sure if I would trust eating these on day 4 or 5.

Bar

Banned
Could you keep these in a pack for a week long hunt in September? I'm backpacking in and looking for lunch options. Not sure if I would trust eating these on day 4 or 5.

Good excuse to eat them all on the first day.

Shouldn't be an issue. Think about the ingredients.

Bagel-last for a week or more at home in a plastic bag.
Honey-does not spoil. It has been found in Egyptian tombs still good after thousands of years(dehydrated though)
Bacon-Salt-meat preservative for thousands of years
Peanut butter- doesn't need to be refrigerated.

As long as it is in a plastic bag to keep the bugs off, I can't forsee any issues with it being edible

Bar

Banned
Bacon will last a long time if it's dehydrated. If it's just cooked it will last, but not for too long. They have bacon jerky. That would be safe.

napeequa55

Lil-Rokslider
I've eaten them after a week, it's not a problem. I freeze em before the trip and let em thaw out to give me a few extra days but seriously, it's bacon. They used to trade that shit across the Atlantic 200 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk