Not quite cooking in the wild...but...Sous Vide?

Guys. Guys. Seriously, guys. Sous Vide. Have you tried it?

Consider me the Sous Vide missionary. I'm a damn fanatic since I picked up my circulator. Have any questions about it?

Ask away! But be prepared because I WILL talk your ear off.

kpk

WKR
I just started cooking steaks this way about 6 months ago. I don't ever plan to put another one on the grill!

Not the only one! Ive got an anova also! Ive done everything from corn on the cob, poached eggs, 72 hour short ribs, etc... Cant beat the precision it offers!

OP
S
I just started cooking steaks this way about 6 months ago. I don't ever plan to put another one on the grill!

I'll occasionally fire the grill up nice and hot to finish my food on it, but I never cook a steak or burger on it entirely anymore.

I've been reading about it, but haven't pulled the trigger. My wife and I both work our butts off, so I love the idea of setting it and forgetting it until we get home. CONVINCE ME PLEASE!!!! :)

OP
S
I've been reading about it, but haven't pulled the trigger. My wife and I both work our butts off, so I love the idea of setting it and forgetting it until we get home. CONVINCE ME PLEASE!!!! :)

Hey Firebird! Grab a chair and be prepared for me to regale you lol The setting it and forgetting it bit is literally my favorite part of the entire thing. The fact that it produces amazing tasting food is a really awesome perk on the side, a cherry on top if you will. Think of it like a crock pot on steroids with a brain. I love that I can seal up my meal with practically no prep, just cutting some stuff up, then toss it in the bag and vacuum seal. Plop it in the water bath and then leave because I just scheduled it to start a few hours before I get home. As soon as I get in the door I put my cast iron on the heat, hit the bathroom then come out and open the bag and toss the contents on. Bam, dinner is ready. If I decide to go to the gym that day instead I can just push the cook back by a little bit, or if it has already started the cook to tell it to maintain the safe temp for a little while longer while I make my way home from the gym. It gives me flexibility to enjoy my life in every facet, whereas sometimes I have to compromise and give up good tasting food. No longer!

Check out this article about Sous Vide and the connected sous vide equipment that is available.