Rokslide Cookbook

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
There really are not a lot of resources available for cooking wild game, and most of us have had to figure out the best ways to cook it through trial and error. In our household we have a collection of recipes we love, but I am always looking for new ideas. Members of our Rokslide community have shown a lot of creativity in what they do with all the game meat they bring home and I love seeing what all of you are cooking up!

I have been working on putting together a Rokslide Cookbook for sometime now, and so far I have written and collected quite a few recipes but I am looking for more! If you have recipes you would like to contribute, please send them to me via pm.

The cookbook will be divided into sections including (but not limited to):

Home cooked meals (including breakfast/brunch, appetizers/snacks, casseroles and main dishes, and soups/stews)

Backcountry Gourmet

Homemade Backpacking/dehydrated food

I will keep this thread updated with a list of what recipes I have, and I am also interested in feedback from our community about what you would like to see in the final product!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Becca

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Content I have so far...

Here are the list of recipes I have written or collected so far:

Breakfast and Brunch:
Biscuits and Sausage Gravy
Breakfast Sausage Casserole
Sausage, Mushroom and Swiss Quiche

Appetizers & Snacks:
Bacon Wrapped Steak Bites
Jalapeno Bird Bombs
Game Dogs in a Blanket
Sausage Balls

Casseroles & Main Dishes:
Game Burgers
Great Gameloaf
Peanut Noodles with Steak
Teriyaki Stir Fry
Machaca
Stuffed Peppers (White Sauce Version)
Italian Meatballs
Sloppy Joes
Game Steaks with Gravy
Alaskan Enchillada Bake
Stroganoff Casserole
Game Meat Fajitas
Mountain Goat Roast
Italian Sausage Lasagna
Canned Meat Carnitas Tacos
Shepherds Pie
Game Brats with Cabbage
Backstrap with Wine Reduction

Soups & Stews:
Slow Cooker Chili
Multi Species Jambalaya
Greek Style Steak Stew
Cheeseburger Soup

Backpacking Food/ Dehydrated to Make Ahead:
Patrick's Steak with Couscous
Patricks Backcountry Pico de Gallo
Cranberry Quinoa Granola

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Becca I'm so excited about this wish I had something to contribute but guess that's why this will be huge for my family.

gulicemo

Banned
Add pulled venison (pulled pork style) sliders onto there... Plenty of easy recipes out there, but if you want a simple one that I have made and is delicious, let me know!

OP
Becca

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Add pulled venison (pulled pork style) sliders onto there... Plenty of easy recipes out there, but if you want a simple one that I have made and is delicious, let me know!

Would love a recipe you have tried already and know is good, pm it to me if you would please!

How about a couple recipes for sausage, hot dogs, and ring bologna?

Sounds great!! I have not tried to make my own, but would be interested in learning! Will gladly accept any recipes you have!

unm1136

WKR
I am just getting started in sausage making with my Granddad's sausage bible... the only problem is no game till the fall...IF the daughter and I draw and IF we can bag something. I will shoot out my duck proscuito recipe though, and next week I may have fresh Ibex. Next month I may have some ideas for packing fresh food in, while keeping lightweight. I won't send them until i have tried them...

pat

OP
Becca

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok gang, so we lost a few days of forum posts and PMs with the most recent upgrade :( Fortunately I had already backed up copies of all the recipes I recieved, but if anyone submitted any since this morning I did not receive them. Here is what I received in the last 3 days:

Crock pot pulled venison sandwiches from Rock 2.0

Shredded Elk Cheddar Bake from Slim Jim

Corned Bear Roast from*65* North

Elk Carnitas from Trout Bum

Billy's Chilli from Flatbow

Venison Enchiladas....I don't know who sent these, remind me please they sound awesome!!

Again, if there were others who sent me recipes I do not have them so please resend! We are out of town this weekend, but I will work on getting these edited and formatted when I am home! Thanks for all the ideas and recipes everyone!

Last edited:

lorneparker1

Lil-Rokslider
Im a pretty big sausage guy heres one of my best tried and trues. make a a few hundered pounds of these. I have a breaktfast sausage, summer sausage, and kielbasa recuoe as well that are amazing if you are interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Becca

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Im a pretty big sausage guy heres one of my best tried and trues. make a a few hundered pounds of these. I have a breaktfast sausage, summer sausage, and kielbasa recuoe as well that are amazing if you are interested.

Thanks Lorne!

I have added your pepperoni recipe to the cookbook submissions. I edited your post above to keep this thread consolidated, so we can all see which recipes we have for the cookbook. Thanks again for your recipe, we woud gladly take any others you want to send!

OP
Becca

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's been awhile since I posted in this thread, but I didn't want anyone to think this project wasn't still happening! I have done a lot of traveling the last two months, and not as much cooking (at least at home) as usual. Anyway, no excuses, I have added quite a few more recipes to the collection, and would be thrilled to have more if anyone wants to contribute!

Recent additions include:

Italian Moose Subs

Sausage Appetizer Cups

Swiss Steak

Breakfast Sausage Frittatta

Ground Meat Minestrone