A week of wild game dinners

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got the new cookbook from Wilderness Athlete and decided to cook dinner from it each night, Mon - Fri. Turned out fricken awesome. It was nice to have some new recipes. Everything was shot or caught by me or a family member.

Here is the link to the cookbook - The Wild Kitchen Cookbook - Wilderness Athlete

Disclaimer - I paid full price for it ;-) Just passing the goodness along!

Monday - Mule Deer Zucchini Gondolas w/ Garlic Mashed Cauliflower

Tuesday - Stuffed Italian Pheasant w/ Marinated Tomatoes & Garlic Sauteed Spinach

Wednesday - Elk Seared Backstrap w/ Sweet and Spicy Brussel Sprouts

Thursday - Halibut Tacos w Crema Topping & Sauteed green beans with bell pepper

Friday - Blacktail Stew

colersu22

WKR
You didn't give the Alaska spring bear any love? It all looks great by the way.

Clarktar

WKR
Thanks Brock. I love cooking and it's always nice to see new ideas. I like the garlic cauliflower mashers!!

I might have to buy the book.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks Brock. I love cooking and it's always nice to see new ideas. I like the garlic cauliflower mashers!!

I might have to buy the book.

Those were delicious. Definitely going make those more often.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I like the garlic cauliflower mashers!!

I will probably get the book, but I have to admit.....I think I actually threw up a little in my mouth when I read and saw the cauliflower mashers. Then again, I'm NOT a vegetable guy.......unless potatoes are considered vegetables.

I have an elk backstrap roast thawing in the fridge right now.

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I will probably get the book, but I have to admit.....I think I actually threw up a little in my mouth when I read and saw the cauliflower mashers. Then again, I'm NOT a vegetable guy.......unless potatoes are considered vegetables.

I have an elk backstrap roast thawing in the fridge right now.
Ya know 5mile, I was a little concerned at first about the cauliflower. But I'll be honest, it was pretty dang good.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Brendan

WKR
Not sure if they have it in the book - but try some sort of venison / elk meatballs cooked in your favorite tomato sauce recipe, then serve over zucchini noodles with grated parmesan. Zucchini gets served raw, or less than a minute saute with olive oil to heat it up and soften it just a little. I'm always looking for more ground meat recipes, and this one is one of my favorites that eliminates the extra carbs you get with pasta.

Clarktar

WKR
Thanks Brock. The last of my elk back strap with some cauliflower garlic mashed!
56c406e310f12f1da772eef12e8fd3ad.jpg