Starbucks Via alternative

I know that most of you like to have your coffee when you're in the backcountry, and most of us use the Starbucks Via because of the convenience and lack of alternatives. On the Hunting-Washington site, someone mentioned Mount Hagen instant coffee and said they thought it had a better flavor than Starbucks and was cheaper. Here's a link to it from Amazon, Ill be giving it a try in a few weeks, but thought that I'd share it with all of you first. If you've tried it, share your thoughts on it. Thanks

Amazon.com : Mount Hagen Organic Instant Regular Coffee, 25 Count Single Serve packet Net wt 1.76 oz (50g) : Starbucks Christmas Blend : Grocery & Gourmet Food

Stid2677

WKR
Thanks for sharing, been looking for an alternative to Vias, love their coffee, refuse to give them my money because of their politics. Will post back on what I think.

PNWGATOR

WKR
I certainly hope it's better than the reviews from that butter coffee stuff the guys we're demoing. Lol. If not, I can't wait to read the taste testing reports! Lol

Via is on sell at Costco currently like $5 off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As sitting here sipping an aeropress , and just ordered 100 packets of via last week on a starbucks special offer, always interested in a new option for joe. Thanks all

ACC

FNG
For the last 3 hunting trip my son and I have been drinking Trung Nguyen G7 3 in one and their G7 black coffee, very tasty stuff.

My friend and I tried the mount hagen side by side with the Vias and although we really wanted to like it better it just didnt stack up to the starbucks. Ill be interested to see what others think.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Looking at the picture it looks like that stuff is freeze-dried the way it's pouring in. I buy my Via's in clearance centers for cheap after it's expired, so I don't feel like I'm giving Starbucks any of my money. Bought 1000 Italian Roast last year for $.12/pack.

reaper

WKR
My sister found this at Walmart and i bought 2 packs and they are really good,5$ for a pack.
635948af93deb27138a2eff6d43d2ee1.jpg

Envoyé de mon E6560C en utilisant Tapatalk

I certainly hope it's better than the reviews from that butter coffee stuff the guys we're demoing. Lol. If not, I can't wait to read the taste testing reports! Lol

I'll admit, I am a bit gun shy on trying out new coffee flavors as Ryan straight up tricked me with the last offer......

Stid2677

WKR
Got mine today, not like Vias,, more like any other freeze dried coffee. Taste Okay a little weak in the cup I use, would take 2 for my taste. I don't know how Starbucks make Vias, but they seem to have that method to themselves.

tlowell02

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like I am in the minority but I really like the Mount Hagen coffee. I usually buy the large jar and then put the proper portion in a small ziploc baggie. In fact, I have used it in place of regular coffee at home when I run out of beans and don't mind it at all.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I don't know how Starbucks make Vias, but they seem to have that method to themselves.

I have never seen another instant that is like the Via's, or even comes close to them. They say that some of the Via is just "fine ground" coffee beans, but I've ground coffee beans into a powder before and it was nowhere near what the Via's are.

Ray

WKR
Looks like I am in the minority but I really like the Mount Hagen coffee. I usually buy the large jar and then put the proper portion in a small ziploc baggie. In fact, I have used it in place of regular coffee at home when I run out of beans and don't mind it at all.

I like it too. The local natural food store started carrying the single serve packs along with the large jars. The single serve packs are a little small and I would need two in my camping mug. This brand is not as bitter as "normal" freeze dried brands.

I have used the Trader Joes packs and they are almost gone from the camp box.