Anyone freeze dry their meals? (Own a freeze dryer?)

mlob1one

WKR
I've been contemplating and desiring to try and potentially buy a home freeze dryer... there is now a smaller option that costs about $2,300. Small Freeze Dryer | Harvest Right

I'm curious if anyone has used one, large or small, and finds that it's as awesome as it seems. For nutrition, weight, & range of foods that can be freeze dried my interest is piqued. Plus being able to control sodium over MH is super appealing.

If I don't go this route, definitely going to go with self dehydrating meals.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I have access to one that's used for research. I've considered it, but it's not worth it to me. I've dehydrated meals for hunts, and it works just fine. I'd have to need months of food to make it worth while.

FatBuddah

WKR
Bringing this one back around as i am now contemplating the same Harvest brand....
For sure an investment but if a guys to go say 10 days elk, 5 days deer, say 4 weekend trips for bear, that is 23 days worth of meals.... say $7 for morning and $10 for evening can be close to $400 a season. Split that with your closest huntin buddy and 3 years your on even street.
Anyone?
Cheers

Yes
Bringing this one back around as i am now contemplating the same Harvest brand....
For sure an investment but if a guys to go say 10 days elk, 5 days deer, say 4 weekend trips for bear, that is 23 days worth of meals.... say $7 for morning and $10 for evening can be close to $400 a season. Split that with your closest huntin buddy and 3 years your on even street.
Anyone?
Cheers
??? Did you pull the trigger on this??
Been looking myself.