Looking for recommendations.

Rmauch20

WKR
Sounds like we're going to be bivying out a few nights for my main camp so I need to get a couple dehydrated meals for this trip.
I'm not a picky eater at all but I have zero experience with mountain house or Heather's choice. It looks like Heather choice has a bigger portion size but it's also double the cost. Is one Mountainhouse pouch enough for an adult man to fill up on? What are some favorites from MH, HC, or somebody else?

xcutter

WKR
I find the Mountain House dinners very filling and throw in a candy bar for desert. My favorites are the Spaghetti and meat sauce, Chili Mac, and Chicken and Rice. Those dinners are all tasty to me. You can buy that combo in there discounted buckets. Cheapest I found the bucket online was through Walmart. The Beef Stroganoff isn't bad either. I'd buy a couple and try them before purchasing a bunch to make sure you like them.

Mountain House Chicken breast and mashed potatoes, chili mac, and spaghetti w/meat sauce are all pretty good. Pretty much all of their stuff without rice or eggs works pretty well for me. I use the two serving size pouches.

Finch

WKR
Spaghetti and meat sauce, chili mac, and beef stroganoff are really good. I hear the Homestyle chicken noodle casserole (used to be named chicken a la king) is a big hit. My buddy loves the sweet and sour pork.

I absolutely despise the chicken breast and mashed potatoes. I had a few on my last hunt and could barely stomach them. Just ate the chicken breast to attempt to nourish myself.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hi guys, I just want to know if I can use the slow cooker for Spaghetti and meat sauce, chili mac, and beef stroganoff. My friends told me that using the slow cooker the result is good. But I want to ask ideas from all of you here. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

WYO_ATL

Lil-Rokslider
Hi guys, I just want to know if I can use the slow cooker for Spaghetti and meat sauce, chili mac, and beef stroganoff. My friends told me that using the slow cooker the result is good. But I want to ask ideas from all of you here. Thanks in advance.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this question. There's no need to use a slow cooker for these meals. Pour boiling water in the bag and wait 15 minutes.

Back to the original question, I'm not sure if you've gone on your hunt yet, but I really enjoy the chicken and noodles from MH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Banned
OP
R

Rmauch20

WKR
I ended up going with the (2 of each) chicken and noodles, chili Mac, and the beef stroganoff. Picked up a couple breakfast pouches, bars, and trail mix from Off grid food company. So far so good with their items as well. It does not sound like we are going to biviy out from our main camp six days but plans have changed in the group. So now everyone is bringing their own food. Or at least 2 of us are bringing our own food.
I also plan on taking for dinners of lasagna, tuna noodle casserole , and porcupine meatballs. That will be frozen and we will reheat on the stove. A few lunches will be the tortilla,bacon,and peanut butter roll ups.
That is the plan for now less something changes.