options for pasta rehydration

BCrob

FNG
Hey folks, Ill be making my own meals for my upcoming Sheep/Goat hunt in Sept. Ramen noodles re hydrate pretty easily but looking at some other options. I want to just add hot water instead of "cooking time". Ill be dehydrating venison/spag sauce and vegetables as well. Just curious what others may be using for this.

Cheers, Rob

GFY

Lil-Rokslider
When I do my spaghetti I cook both noddles and meat sauce before hand then mix together and dehydrate one serving per rack so I know I will have the amount I want each meal. Seems to work good for me and everyone that has eaten it seems to live it. You can use whatever noodles you want this way.

OP
B

BCrob

FNG
When I do my spaghetti I cook both noddles and meat sauce before hand then mix together and dehydrate one serving per rack so I know I will have the amount I want each meal. Seems to work good for me and everyone that has eaten it seems to live it. You can use whatever noodles you want this way.

good call. funny I didn't even think about cooking the noodles prior and then rehydrating them in the field.

Thanks.

Tag_Soup

WKR
I know you referred to Raman being easy, but there are a lot of grades of ramen. I have used the better quality stuff in the backcountry to good effect on diy pasta dishes. I have also used minute rice instead of pasta and it turned out good. Angle hair pasta will pretty much fully soften by just soaking it you want to give that a shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

BCrob

FNG
I know you referred to Raman being easy, but there are a lot of grades of ramen. I have used the better quality stuff in the backcountry to good effect on diy pasta dishes. I have also used minute rice instead of pasta and it turned out good. Angle hair pasta will pretty much fully soften by just soaking it you want to give that a shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I called it Ramen as I think that is the primary name in the US. In BC its called Mr. Noodles but same idea I think.. Probably not the healthiest choice I'm sure. Ive broken them up and placed in a ziplock bag added half a pouch of Knorr Cream of vegetable then P nuts and Olive oil. Just add the boiled water into the bag and its pretty much good to go. I like the idea of the angel hair. Quinoa and/or Couscous would be good as a pasta alternative.

Thanks

Davebuech

WKR
Same thing I do for any pasta dish, all cooked first.
I make Pad Thai with rice noodles and think they rehydrate the best. Regular wheat noodles like spaghetti or elbow work well too. Mac & Cheese is so much better when you make it

good call. funny I didn't even think about cooking the noodles prior and then rehydrating them in the field.

Thanks.