Backcountry coffee snob.

Cowboy611

Lil-Rokslider
I like good coffee. I can run an esspresso machine, drink microroastery coffee, and brew cowboy coffee. I did alot of canping this summer for work and was pretty much using Instant coffee either MRE, Folger's, or starbucks Via. I didnt discrimate. Ill have a french press or cowboy coffee if im near a truck. Got that one down pat but is there anything light weight and efficent fornthe backcountry and having real coffee besides cowboy coffee or instant coffee that isnt complicated and doesnt require alot of of expensive parts?

PresTex

Lil-Rokslider
Haven't tried it yet but I've seen some guys using this for their coffee. Company is owned by a hunter so that's a plus.

DARKTIMBER COFFEE CO.

I've personally been using the mushroom coffee single serve packets from Four Sigmatic
Might be a bit weird but it's another option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scotch

FNG
I used to use folgers and Starbucks instant but didn't like either. I started using the folgers single packs. They are individually sealed and come in oversized tea bags. Just dunk them in boiled water for a few minutes and you have a real cup of joe.

woodmoose

Lil-Rokslider
I've tried the dark timber,,,and hope they come out with a darker/bolder packet as I have to use two packets to make a cup to my taste,,,same as with the folgers

gonna look at some of these other options

Haven't tried it yet but I've seen some guys using this for their coffee. Company is owned by a hunter so that's a plus.

DARKTIMBER COFFEE CO.

I've personally been using the mushroom coffee single serve packets from Four Sigmatic
Might be a bit weird but it's another option.

I ordered two different kinds of the darktimber and it is way to weak. Tried brewing for longer and really working it with my spoon to get it to the strength I like but no love.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I would need 10 of those Folgers packets for just one cup of coffee, those things are weak and taste bad. I even tried my Black Onyx coffee in those "make your own" packets, and that didn't even work well. Been using the Italian Roast Via's ever since. Problem solved.

Gr8bawana

WKR
When I'm up in the hills hunting how my coffee is made is the least of my concerns. Just make it really black and hot.

th.jpgcoffee_snob.jpg

MrSunday

Lil-Rokslider
I need my coffee..... I use a simple Melitta pour through with a #2 filter. Worth the minimal size and weight penalty to me.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I need my coffee..... I use a simple Melitta pour through with a #2 filter. Worth the minimal size and weight penalty to me.

I've tried the pour through with a #4 filter "filled" with coffee and it still sucked. And I've tried Cowboy Coffee boiling the grounds, and no matter how much I add......it still tastes weak and still nothing like at home.

Hunter6

WKR
I use my pour through with #3 filter and I get a better and stronger cup of coffee than my drip coffee maker at home. I actually use it at home if I don't want a whole pot.

good2eat

Lil-Rokslider
I've tried the pour through with a #4 filter "filled" with coffee and it still sucked. And I've tried Cowboy Coffee boiling the grounds, and no matter how much I add......it still tastes weak and still nothing like at home.

Grind your grounds more finely and don't over fill the filter with water - if you do water filters through without steeping in the grounds.

Owenst7

WKR
Make your coffee slurry and steep just like you're doing a French press, then pour through a mosquito headnet laid over a cup. Tastes the same as the French press I use at home.

Dkd

FNG
Probably get laughed at but if you have a Trader Joe's nearby just TRY it...
weigh nothing, excellent coffee and easy. Wake up, boil water pour it in ( don't break cap yet) seal it up and throw it in your pack and enjoy while glassing right out of the spout. View attachment 56457