Backcountry Greek yogurt

dplantz

Lil-Rokslider
Love my Greek yogurt for probiotics, and the extra protein don't hurt. Have seen some powdered and freeze dried options, but unclear whether probiotics are surviving drying or freeze drying. Anybody find a good option for backcountry Greek yogurt with probiotics intact?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

btplass

Lil-Rokslider
Love my Greek yogurt for probiotics, and the extra protein don't hurt. Have seen some powdered and freeze dried options, but unclear whether probiotics are surviving drying or freeze drying. Anybody find a good option for backcountry Greek yogurt with probiotics intact?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
If you want to be sure you're getting your probiotics, I'd recommend getting a supplement like Florajen 3, or similar for the hunt. I like getting probiotics from food better than capsules, but I doubt freeze dried yogurt is going to have near the potency that you're accustomed to.

Just my $0.02 (BTW I'm a pharmacist, but NOT a food scientist, therefore my expertise can only take me so far on this subject)

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

jmez

WKR
I've tried a couple of different freeze dried yogurts and they were terrible. Couldn't eat them and I eat yogurt every am for breakfast. Don't remember the brands but they both tasted like you were eating a straight sugar substitute, like Stevia. Not good.