Coffee brand/ flavour ?

ddiwd33

Banned
I'm a fan of dark roasts that are smooth.

I think I've found a damn good one.

A highly anticipated whole bean order from The Black Rifle Coffee Company showed up recently and I've started on their JB (Just Black) roast.

I grind it fairly fine and use a cheap french press and it is making some of the best coffee I've ever had.

I used my drip style coffee maker to brew a pot yesterday morning. The JB did really well that way, too, but the french press with boiling water....sitting 5 full minutes before pressing....is a little better. Seems to get more of the oils from the beans.

Great stuff. The company has several different types that I want to try. It can also be ordered already ground or in K-Cups.

Highly recommend their products at this point....after just trying the first bag. It's that damn good.

What's your best coffee & preferred method for brewing ????

Historybuff

Lil-Rokslider
I start with roasting my own green coffee beans in the fresh roast 500. When I don't have time for that I get Rodaks Coffee roasted to order and shipped to my door. Then i use the technivorm moccamaster daily. Aeropress with a stainless steal filter makes a good single cup. French press is my favorite when I have the time to enjoy it. I also do pour overs. I have a couple different hario hand grinders that are great to use with a consistent grind.
Coffee really is a lot better when it's a quality bean that's only been roasted for 3 or 4 days.

• Banned
OP
D

ddiwd33

Banned
I start with roasting my own green coffee beans in the fresh roast 500. When I don't have time for that I get Rodaks Coffee roasted to order and shipped to my door. Then i use the technivorm moccamaster daily. Aeropress with a stainless steal filter makes a good single cup. French press is my favorite when I have the time to enjoy it. I also do pour overs. I have a couple different hario hand grinders that are great to use with a consistent grind.
Coffee really is a lot better when it's a quality bean that's only been roasted for 3 or 4 days.

how much coffee do you roast, just to last you a few weeks ?

I love Brcc coffee or die is my current fav.
And they came out with instant but they say limited time.
I ordered 3 boxes and hope they keep it year round.

TauPhi111

WKR
I love Brcc coffee or die is my current fav.
And they came out with instant but they say limited time.
I ordered 3 boxes and hope they keep it year round.

BRCC has instant coffee now? I've always thought they need to do that because there is a large contingent of people who would like a good instant coffee that isn't Starbucks. I'm gonna have to buy some

Murdy

WKR
"Instant sticks are exclusively available for the holiday season."

From the BRCC website. If you want the instant, sounds like it's available for a limited time.

Scoony

Lil-Rokslider
Wife has a small farm in Panama. Her brother is up visiting for the holidays and brought up some coffee grown on the farm. Wife's step dad roasted it and its pretty good.

Personal everyday coffee is 8 O'clock Columbian. Their Central Highlands is my favorite, but the local stores have not carried it for the past year. The Columbian and Central Highlands is just as good as Starbucks or other premium brands, but half the cost. Anymore, I think premium is more related to cost then quality.

What's really important is good water. Can't make a good cup of coffee if your water taste like crap. I have a reverse osmosis system under the sink so I have great tasting water, which lends to great coffee.

sodak

FNG
I always liked the whole bean Panama coffee that comes in the yellow bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slick

WKR
I go for a local roast typically.. friend roasts at Treeline in Bozeman and they are about 100yards from my house. It's always changing but prefer a more vanilla, caramel, medium roasted bean.

It's just me and a dog so the aeropress is typically what I use. Just very convenient for one cup, the process is therapeutic in a sense in the morning.

Treeline does do a monthly sub where they'll send you either 2 16oz jars with beans, or a couple larger packages a month.

Also have taken their geo's all across MT. Good way to enjoy a good pourover in the mtns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cgeb

WKR
Costco/Kirkland Columbian in the brown can, 3lbs for $10. I know it sounds cheap and it is, but it's good coffee. I try a lot of brands and usually end back up with this. Before you "coffee shame" me just try it.

I typically buy beans from Happy Mug (the special mug single origin stuff) and brew in a Hario V60 after grinding with and Orphan Espresso Lido 3. That said, I've heard Sudden Coffee, while kind of expensive, is an awesome instant coffee option for people that get really snobby about quality. Haven't tried it yet, though, so take it with a grain of salt. If it lives up to what I've heard it would be well worth the money spent on a cold morning in the mountains.

catorres1

Lil-Rokslider
Black Rifle, Murdered Out. One of their two darkest blends, done in an Aeropress. I brew it per instructions, but don't add any additional water to the brew, just a little cream. Low volume but high taste. I understand that using a stainless filter instead of the paper makes it even better, so plan to explore that option.

Besides the fact that I love their coffee, I really like that BRCC supports pro 2A and veterans groups, so that's where my money goes.

wyodan

WKR
Black Rifle, Murdered Out. One of their two darkest blends, done in an Aeropress. I brew it per instructions, but don't add any additional water to the brew, just a little cream. Low volume but high taste. I understand that using a stainless filter instead of the paper makes it even better, so plan to explore that option.

Besides the fact that I love their coffee, I really like that BRCC supports pro 2A and veterans groups, so that's where my money goes.

This stuff is awesome! They also sell me on the names.

Outlaw99

WKR
I percolate my coffee on top of my stove every am. I love perc’d coffee better than any. Just got a bag of Black Bison Trading coffee, made by BRC, it’s gotta be some of the best coffee I’ve ever drank!

Hunter Sargent

Lil-Rokslider
Wife has a small farm in Panama. Her brother is up visiting for the holidays and brought up some coffee grown on the farm. Wife's step dad roasted it and its pretty good.

Personal everyday coffee is 8 O'clock Columbian. Their Central Highlands is my favorite, but the local stores have not carried it for the past year. The Columbian and Central Highlands is just as good as Starbucks or other premium brands, but half the cost. Anymore, I think premium is more related to cost then quality.

What's really important is good water. Can't make a good cup of coffee if your water taste like crap. I have a reverse osmosis system under the sink so I have great tasting water, which lends to great coffee.

When you say "is just as good as Starbucks" I instantly get skeptical, haha. Seriously I can duplicate SB by burning some Folgers Dark :p Burnt and overly bitter.

I'm liking BRCC's AK47 right now.