Sausage Recipes

treillw

WKR
Anybody know of any good books that have sausage recipes in them? I have always purchased the kits at the local sporting goods store, but am interested in coming up with some things on my own. Any suggestions? Also if anybody has any family secret recipes that they want to PM me, I wouldn't mind :)

Thanks!

Last edited:

Tod osier

WKR
OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
A chef friend of mine suggested this book for me and I thought it might be a little fancy - pates, confits, etc.... Is it still usable for a redneck with 3/4 of a brain?

Tod osier

WKR
A chef friend of mine suggested this book for me and I thought it might be a little fancy - pates, confits, etc.... Is it still usable for a redneck with 3/4 of a brain?

Absolutely, the basic fresh sausage recipes are excellent and there are enough in there to make it worth it for just that - the recipes are easy, the products are bold and distinctive. Buy the older version used and it is for sure worth it. As you said there is also a lot of other stuff in there too.

nickstone

WKR
If you're on fb there's a page called "texas sausage makers with tons of recipes, and on the texasbowhunter.com page, theres an excel spreadsheet by a guy with the screen name mesquitecountry with tons of recipes, you just put in the amount you want to make and it automatically calculates ingredients for all the different recipes.

Mesquite Country Sausage Recipes - TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
My group has used the above mentioned book for various fresh sausage. I like a simple fresh kielbasa (slightly different recipe from the book) as it's good in food or grilled on its own and simplistic in ingredients.

PNWGATOR

WKR
Take a look at Hank Shaw's website Hunter, Angler, Gardener, Cook and you'll find a pile of great recipes.

ChrisS

WKR
The bigger benefit from this book is that it teaches the basics of sausage making and then gives you the tools to develop your own recipes if you want. If you just want a big pile of recipes, there are better books and resources (Meats and Sausages)