Any one try the green belly meal bars yet?

Squirrels

WKR
my hunting partner had them this past September and really like them, didn't try one myself

cg2737

WKR
I purchased the variety pack last summer to try them out. I really liked all the flavors. My favorite is the apricot. They are very filling and taste great. I like that there are two bars in each package. The package is also re sealable. After trying them out I purchased enough for my two week elk hunt in CO. I normally would eat one bar some time mid morning and one mid afternoon. I will definitely buy them again.

OP
B

bushman

FNG
Awesome, good to know cg2737,I was hoping they would taste good and were indeed filling. I have a packrafting trip planned in Alaska in August and need to cut weight down without cutting nutrition and calories, I plan on taking some WA shake mix also, and just have fish and rice or potatoes for evening meals. this will also help with not having to bring a lot of fuel. I will order the variety packs and check them out then.

Northernpiker

WKR
Classified Approved
Had my first green belly bar, peanut apricot. Not bad I wouldn’t say it’s delicious but this was sitting at home and eating it and everything taste better when you’re hungry and out in the woods. I would definitely take some along for maybe a lunch substitute for a couple of days or for snacks. I get tired of peanut butter bacon tortillas so I could see substituting these for a lunch or two and maybe even for supper. But i’ve never had a problem with my Mountainhouse meals in the evening.

OP
B

bushman

FNG
Ordered the variety pack, I liked all of them, especially the cranberry almond. They were quite filling, and I stayed satisfied for about 5 hrs before wanting to eat again. definitely will be in my pack.

HoytHunter24

Lil-Rokslider
I just received the peanut apricot green belly bar in my most recent Backcountry Fuel Box. I must say... it was damn good! has the texture of a rice krispy treat and has a ton of flavor. I am impressed and will be buying some for this coming season.

And they are about 650 calories for 2 bars.

I purchased the variety pack last summer to try them out. I really liked all the flavors. My favorite is the apricot. They are very filling and taste great. I like that there are two bars in each package. The package is also re sealable. After trying them out I purchased enough for my two week elk hunt in CO. I normally would eat one bar some time mid morning and one mid afternoon. I will definitely buy them again.

This hip dude came out to Colorado to hunt with me in September and let me try a few of these bars and they were delicious. I’ll be using them anytime I’m out.