Sweet potato bars 2.2 oz 335 calories

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here's a recipe I've come up with some of you may appreciate.

Sweet potato bars

49 oz sweet potatoes =1470 cal
223 grams unsweetened shredded coconut = 1486 calories
93 grams coconut flour = 398 calories
126 grams ghee = 1170 calories
239 grams brown sugar =896 calories
84 grams honey=240 calories

total 76 oz 5660 calories

Bake the sweet potatoes for 45 minutes and that weight is without skins. Mashed sweet potatoes and combine all the ingredients together thoroughly. Divided up into 4 ounce portions and make into patties about half an inch thick. Place on the dehydrator and dehydrate overnight then flip them and dehydrate for another 4 hours or until they weigh 2.2 Oz each.

The brown sugar and honey is unnecessary and I actually prefer them without but this was just my second experiment, it does change the calorie profile slightly without though. It is easier to form the patties if you refrigerate for a few hours before trying to form them as the mix gets pretty guey. It's also a good idea to use non-stick cooking spray on the trays.
81fe91cb96d6b4d70ca00d7439e56062.jpg

Live2hunt custom shelters

OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
How long these last? Looks good
I have no idea but I would imagine quite a while. Most dehydrated food will last a year or longer. I've got a couple I made from a few weeks ago on top of my refrigerator sealed in a zip lock bag and they still taste as good as day 1.

Live2hunt custom shelters

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I'm not much for the whole food prep thing, but these look interesting and tasty. 335 calories in a 2.2oz bar is pretty awesome. I might have to try them. Thanks. Maybe I won't be losing 20lbs this September now.:)

Thanks!

I've tried twice now to recreate the "vea(?)" bars, with both being a miserable failure. I'm going to try these for carrying while turkey hunting.

Will be trying these in near future. Finding what I like for this fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CJF

WKR
Elk would smell me downwind AND upwind if I was eating these in the backcountry. They don’t call em the poot root for nothing!