Humble Foods meals podcast and info

AdamW

WKR
I've been interested in more info on Humble Foods since Snyder and others started talking about it. I've found next to zero info on them out there until this podcast. Thought you guys might want check it out.

Quality ingredients of real food, freeze dried instead of dehydrated and more "normal" flavors for those that aren't fans of some of Heather's Choice reciples. Looking forward to trying some of these, curious to hear the cost per meal. I like what I'm seeing, even if they are made by engineers. :D

HHH Episode #55: Nutrition for the Backcountry Athlete with Jordan Reasoner. An Introduction to Humble Foods — Sthealthy hunter

And the Humble Foods website:

The Mysterious Humble Foods is Coming Soon!

OP
AdamW

AdamW

WKR
I'm curious about the sodium levels in these, I DM'd them on Instagram about it.

Great question. Based on the focus on these being a healthier alternative to the usual brands, I'm optimistic, but we'll see. Keep me posted on what you find! I got a laugh out of the owner saying they were starting by launching 6 meals because he likes to go a week without having to eat the same thing again. That's thinkin'.

Last edited:

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had some beta meals this fall and they were really good. There's at least one I didn't use and I'll be having that on an overnighter tomorrow. They are very simple meals with good flavor but not a ton of flavor. One of the chicken ones I tried would have gone well with some salsa packets. Eating those is a lot like eating normal healthy meals at home. Just super simple.

Ten Bears

WKR
Humble

Jordan-

Is Humble Foods ever going to release any product ? Would like to test a few before the season starts and haven't heard much from this company. Have to find something better than House this year.

Thanks-
John

I had some beta meals this fall and they were really good. There's at least one I didn't use and I'll be having that on an overnighter tomorrow. They are very simple meals with good flavor but not a ton of flavor. One of the chicken ones I tried would have gone well with some salsa packets. Eating those is a lot like eating normal healthy meals at home. Just super simple.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jordan-

Is Humble Foods ever going to release any product ? Would like to test a few before the season starts and haven't heard much from this company. Have to find something better than House this year.

Thanks-
John

I sent him a message asking what their plans were. I’ll keep you updated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HookUp

WKR
Off grid food co. just started a pre- order for four dinners. They look interesting you might check them out.

Ten Bears

WKR
Thanks Jordan.

Hookup- I checked out the Off Grid stuff also, I wish they would let you sample them without having to buy all 4. 2 of the new dinners are not my speed. The other 2 look great. The breakfast options and trail mix I tried last year were awesome.

HookUp

WKR
I hear ya. I have been testing out the Apline air's and mtn house flavors. $15 a meal isn't my speed either. So far I can survive on $5 when on sale meals.