Badlands Monster Fanny Mods

Ranger185

FNG
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has modded the monster fanny. I found some stuff on adding a holster, but looking for any other ideas for a holster or water bladder. (I don't like the Badlands bladder after using it a few seasons)

Ranger185

OP
Ranger185

Ranger185

FNG
I'll take it either no one uses the monster fanny or those that do haven't needed to mod it at all. If I figure something out, I'll post pics.

adamm88

WKR
I'll take it either no one uses the monster fanny or those that do haven't needed to mod it at all. If I figure something out, I'll post pics.

I would be leary on doing anything to a Bandlands fanny. The material(atleast when i had one) was almost a cloth material and if you mod it id be afraid of it ripping. The one reason i went away from the badlands pack is because the lack of being able to add stuff to make it what i wanted, pals/Molle webbing is a great addition to a pack like that. But at that price point there is nothing good available....

OP
Ranger185

Ranger185

FNG
Agreed completely on the material, as well as the lack of being able to add anything to it. My wife bought if for Xmas a few years back and I want to get in some seasons with it before I look for something else.

For mods, I'd be looking at removing/moving some stitching to allow for a holster. The 1L bladder has me baffled though. I want at least 2L and I don't want to add another pack. I've looked at strapping some bladder holders to the webbing and shoulder harnesses, but I'm afraid it would pull back too much like the LCE used to do when it was in service. Might have to give it a shot and see what happens.

Thanks for the post!