Regular tent with stove jack

I’m curious to see or hear if anyone has modified a basic camping tent to the extend of sowing in a stove jack for late season hunts?
The brand of tent would be great, also adding pictures would be appreciated.
If there are threads on this already feel free to point me in the right direction!

hflier

WKR
Classified Approved
I think the verdict is this is very dangerous due to the flammable nature of most standard tents. That is why you don’t see folks doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most backpacking tents (really all tents) are a sil-nylon material, as are Kifaru, Seek Outside, and TiGoat tipis. I have a Nemo Pentalite tipi that I have sewn a stove jack into and it's awesome.

rKACxvW.jpg

fcpNWQL.jpg

ABfj7T9.jpg

srkJemo.jpg

OP
Finner-elk
Most backpacking tents (really all tents) are a sil-nylon material, as are Kifaru, Seek Outside, and TiGoat tipis. I have a Nemo Pentalite tipi that I have sewn a stove jack into and it's awesome.

rKACxvW.jpg

fcpNWQL.jpg

ABfj7T9.jpg

srkJemo.jpg

Looks great! Is your tipi able to be sinched down tighter to the ground? To reduce draft

Looks great! Is your tipi able to be sinched down tighter to the ground? To reduce draft

Yes, from September on, I like to keep it tight to the ground to reduce drafts of cold air. I have actually sewn a 6 inch sidewall around the perimeter of the tent which allows for better use of the entire tent footprint.

Mike7

WKR
I have a BPWD stove jack in a Big Agnes Wyoming tent that works really well. It only seems to draw really well though keeping the stovepipe taller (like tipi height almost) and at a narrower 3" diameter also seemingly.

I am not sure if the BA Wyoming tent is still made. A vestibule on a tent like the one below would work well though to put a stove jack in.

Big Agnes Big House 4 Deluxe Vestibule | REI Co-op