Ideas for breaking up down jacket color

JC01839

FNG
Bought a like new puffy that is a bit more "green" than I had hoped for. Anyone used anything to dull or dye a puffy? This is a standard nylon outer down jacket. Any ideas / experience in this? Not looking for a professional camo would simply like to break up the shape / dull down the green a bit. Thanks all!

I made ASAT style stencils and used fabric specific spray paints to add a "camo" pattern to an old down coat. it worked relatively well. I am sure a strong permanent market would be even better, but much more time consuming.

It might be a pain, but I was in the same boat last few years. I just threw on my shell or windbreaker which is camo over it. For me, I was only wearing the puffy when stationary so I didnt overheat with the shell over top of it. A lightweight mesh poncho/sniper veil might be good to.

Just some ideas in case you end up not wanting to dye or paint the jacket.

OP
J

JC01839

FNG
It might be a pain, but I was in the same boat last few years. I just threw on my shell or windbreaker which is camo over it. For me, I was only wearing the puffy when stationary so I didnt overheat with the shell over top of it. A lightweight mesh poncho/sniper veil might be good to.

Just some ideas in case you end up not wanting to dye or paint the jacket.
This is the way I am leaning now, just toss my rain gear over the puffy and leave it.