Using an ultra 1800 frameless like the icon 1850?

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a couple ideas for shoulder straps but don’t want to invest much in that until I figure out how to add structure to the bag. Having never seen the icon 1850 is it possible to fabricate a couple stays similar to what comes with the 1850? Or a frame sheet?

I can send you pics of what's inside the 1850 for the structure if you need. Not sure how good you are with a sewing machine..

And I'd think for the actual frame itself, you could just use some carbon arrow shafts cut to length.

OP
fngTony

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can send you pics of what's inside the 1850 for the structure if you need. Not sure how good you are with a sewing machine..

And I'd think for the actual frame itself, you could just use some carbon arrow shafts cut to length.

That would be great to have photos to work with. Texting them would be great for me, pm inbound

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is easier and you will get a better product to just get the icon pro 1850. The bags by themselves are relatively inexpensive.

OP
fngTony

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is easier and you will get a better product to just get the icon pro 1850. The bags by themselves are relatively inexpensive.

Thank you! On a somewhat related question on the new 2200 where is the extra capacity? I would like it in the outer and top pockets. From the photos it looks taller?