Build An Electric Bear Fence

OregonInAlaska

Lil-Rokslider
The entire kit laid out after the test run. Simple and easy to work with.

View attachment 27522

Everything except the posts is contained in one medium mesh pull-out.

View attachment 27523

Ready to pack up!

View attachment 27524

The final packed weight with all the parts plus the bag and using 6 posts is 2 lb - 13 oz. Of course I can drop weight by leaving 2 posts (6 sections) behind, plus I could presumably go with one run of tape instead of two. If I went with 4 posts and used poly-wire instead of tape, I believe I could get the weight down to 2 pounds or possibly under.

I'll be in the alpine in just under 3 weeks on a combo diy hunt, and this rig will be doing duty there. Thanks.

How much money do you figure it cost you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thedutchtouch

Lil-Rokslider
bumping thid old thread... are the components listed here/ what @colonel00 used (post #5) still the best component/ build examples to follow? it looks like the electro bear guard/ eagle kits use a different energizer, so wondering if there's different component reccomendations (mainly for energizer, i assume the rest of the componenets like the line/tape and arrows/posts are pretty much unchanged)? thanks in advance - searching, but not finding a lot of recent info so wanted to see if the reccomended parts have changed much in the last 8 years or so.