Kifaru Duplex Tactical Frame with a Kuiu 7200 Icon Pro bag Project

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Awesome job. So does this allow use of load shelf ?

You mean putting a load between frame and bag? Yes you can do that. Load shelf you can do that also if you find it neccessary. I took everything out tonight and cinched this down to nothing. the lid is a bit bulky in Daypack mode but it works great otherwise. Really impressed with how compressed it gets. some cool tricks you can do to make the Icon Pro super compact. Kifaru Tactical Frame with carbon arrows for stays size MARGE belt and a GPS pouch with the 7200 Icon Pro bag weighed in at 7lbs 8ounces.

You mean putting a load between frame and bag? Yes you can do that. Load shelf you can do that also if you find it neccessary. I took everything out tonight and cinched this down to nothing. the lid is a bit bulky in Daypack mode but it works great otherwise. Really impressed with how compressed it gets. some cool tricks you can do to make the Icon Pro super compact. Kifaru Tactical Frame with carbon arrows for stays size MARGE belt and a GPS pouch with the 7200 Icon Pro bag weighed in at 7lbs 8ounces.

James that setup looks slick. Why don't you load it up and come chase elk with me this weekend? I have a cow tag to fill. I am at my base camp right now.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
James that setup looks slick. Why don't you load it up and come chase elk with me this weekend? I have a cow tag to fill. I am at my base camp right now.

Dave,

Man as tempting as that is and how much I want to get out there Im the middle of a Bathroom Remodel We are set to finish this weekend or Id be there with you. text me photos brother.

So to put the meat or gear between the bag and frame the load lifters were reconfigured to allow the pack to seperate from the frame. With the G-Hooks and carabiners how are you allowing the bag to allow room for the load to drop in between?
Hopefully I explained that correct.
Thanks, Rob

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
So to put the meat or gear between the bag and frame the load lifters were reconfigured to allow the pack to seperate from the frame. With the G-Hooks and carabiners how are you allowing the bag to allow room for the load to drop in between?
Hopefully I explained that correct.
Thanks, Rob

I know. What your saying. Check my 3200 Kuiu post I have some photos of what your saying with the 3200 it worked the same with the 7200..

So from what I see you are unhooking the g-hooks allowing the top of the bag to separate.
So say you have the meat loaded between bag and frame, then load your ram head on top of the bag under the lid.
What keeps that weight from pulling away from the frame with no re-configure of the load lifter straps tying to the top of the bag?
Thanks, Rob

CO, I don't foresee any trouble with just meat or gear in between the bag and frame.
Where I see trouble is with a 25-30 pound head and cape under a lid pulling back and away from the frame and load lifters.
Which is something the video does not show.
I would think you would need a set of straps pulling the top of the bag back into the load lifter/bag attachment point.???
Thoughts?
Thanks, Rob

I don't see why you couldn't just move the middle straps to the top if that was a problem. Or you could get and extra pair of straps or a lash kit to throw up top if this was a worry/problem. You could run it from where you attach the G-Hooks to the load lifter loop on the 7200 where the G-Hook is.

I think an extra set would be a good idea. Would help stabilize that heavy weight up top.
My new duplex frame should be here by the end of the month. Will swap my bag over then and see how it works.
Keep it together, Rob

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I think an extra set would be a good idea. Would help stabilize that heavy weight up top.
My new duplex frame should be here by the end of the month. Will swap my bag over then and see how it works.
Keep it together, Rob

Cant wait to see how it works for you Rob. I am stuck in a 3 week bathroom remodel so I have had a chance to get out with the new 7200 bag on Kifaru Frame yet. Hopefully next week sometime.

Let me know how it goes. What are your thoughts on adding the straps pulling a load under the lid back onto the top of the frame?
Thanks, Rob

Reactions: GMC
OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Let me know how it goes. What are your thoughts on adding the straps pulling a load under the lid back onto the top of the frame?
Thanks, Rob
Id have to agre with CO above. It cant hurt but I dont think it is needed, Here is why. The Lid for the 7200 is adjustable up and down depending on the size of your load has a dedicated lid strap, At the Top of the Kif Frame are 2 of the smaller (cant remember what they call them) little hard plastic Sqaures that you can run the Kuiu Lid straps through. This does what your talking about if you had a load between frame and bag and also helps keep the bag attached at the top of the frame in daypack mode so you dont have to worry about it sliding down when you have it cinched down. Hope this helps.

James, so your saying the kuiu lid can be un-attached from the bag and re-attached to the duplex frame???

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
James, so your saying the kuiu lid can be un-attached from the bag and re-attached to the duplex frame???

close it can unattach from bag and then you can run the strap for the lid through the hardware then reattach the lid with it on the hardware which accomplishes what you where describing. =)

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
James, you had a chance to put some weight in the kifkuiu?
Keep it together, Rob.

Rob I havent had time to do much at all. Our bathroom remodel has turned into its 3rd week I am praying we are done by this weekend. Its all coming together nicely though. We now have a 20000$ bathroom remodel for around 8000$ invested. Its pretty slick Super happy how it has turned out.

Off topic but Im so damn proud of this I had to share some photos.

Panoramic view of our bathroom

This is our center point in the new shower. Its insane the level of detail we got into with puting this together. Im doing all the cutting and brother in law is doing all the laying. Some of these cuts are just rediculous.

James, that looks really good. Great job.
Now only one thing is don't let the wife convince you to do renos during hunting season next time. . Lol.
Post up when you get a chance.
Keep it together, Rob.

dunner543

Lil-Rokslider
SHTF, bathroom looks great! Not sure if you got the Dutch carabiners yet but I tried them and probably wouldn't recommend them for this. They turned vertical on me pretty quick with only about 30 lbs in the pack (installed at the top). I think the ghooks are probably the best option.