Kifaru Duplex Tactical Frame with a Kuiu 7200 Icon Pro bag Project

dunner543

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, I just attached it the other day based on SHTF's setup. I had to order a couple of the spare straps from kuiu though to get it finished correctly as I didn't have any straps to use on the bottom. Waiting on them to arrive before I put a heavy load in it to test. I'm using the older generation duplex frame with 24" stays and it works fine.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I did get the Dutch Clips and they work perfect. They dont hold weight at all they are is just to keep the Ghooks in place over the small 3/4 inch strap since I didnt want to modify it. Here are better photos of what I did. It still uses the Ghooks for attaching to the frame and the Ghooks are what holds all the weight.

Thanks that bathroom is 3 weeks now in the making. Took our first shower this morning in it. We where in a 27 by 32 inch shower before just enough room to get in and move around a bit. This is heaven.

James, moving around in the shower isn't always necessary. Lol.
Post up soon as you get to put some heavy weight in it.

Any leads on where to get some g-hooks? All the sites I visited want 20 dollars each plus shipping.
Everyone figures shipping to Canada has to be 8 times what it's worth.

Keep it together, rob

dunner543

Lil-Rokslider
Ok, that was going to be my plan once my ghooks get here, glad to see it works well. Initially I tried them in place of the ghooks and I wouldn't recommend that.

Rob, I ordered my ghooks on Amazon. Cost was $4-5 with shipping per pair.

Dunner, thanks for the link. But Amazon.com won't ship to Canada. Found them on Amazon up here and they are gonna cost me 20 bucks a piece.
Gonna have to keep looking

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Dunner, thanks for the link. But Amazon.com won't ship to Canada. Found them on Amazon up here and they are gonna cost me 20 bucks a piece.
Gonna have to keep looking

I will send you some Rob. You can pay just my shipping cost. You just wanting 2? I have plenty I can share. PM me we can work out the details.

TxTrapper

Lil-Rokslider
A little off subject, but do you all think a 1" metal three bar like Kifaru has on their pouches for quick connect will fit through a slot on a G hook?

Schmidty

FNG
What about using between pack and frame for load shelf ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Voodoo556

FNG
Ordered a Kifaru frame and put my Kuiu Icon Pro 5200 on it.
Surprised at how easy it was to attach the bag. Thanks in part to the Kifaru having a lot of attachments points/loops etc.
I used the internal lash down straps that came with the Icon bag for the side compression straps and some Dutch clips for the bottom and top attachment points.
I also looped the top lid through the webbing strap that goes between the two Kifaru frame stays and then back on top of the bag. I think this would typically be used for a handle to pick your pack up but I think it will help to take some of the load/stress off the two attachment points on each stay.
I'll try to get some pics.

Voodoo556

FNG
Top attachment with Dutch clips and where I pulled the top lid back over the webbing that runs from frame stay to frame stay. Not sure if this is going to help or necessary but it's a trial and error process right now.

Side compression straps attached to Kifaru loops on frame

Bottom attachment with Dutch clips

Close up of Dutch clip

Bottom - side attachment, again not sure if this is necessary.
Looped the side strap on the waist belt through

GFY

Lil-Rokslider
What frame did you put the 5200 on?

never mind............ sorry I suppose I could have read the thread title a little closer

Last edited:

Voodoo556

FNG
Im not sure what the attachment points are for the '13 Icon series, but my '16 5200 was pretty simple. I would say anything is possible given enough brain power and effort. You might have to buy more buckles or straps or dutch clips but I would bet that you could get it figured out. Whats cool about the Kifaru bags, other than they're just badass and extremely comfortable, is all the attachment options.

16Bore

WKR
Did similar with an Ultra 3000 bag on an Outdorrsmans frame. Pretty sweet set up.