MR scapegoat compression panel

Materials:
2 feet 1 inch milspec coyote webbing
2 g-hooks
2 1 inch metal oval triglides
1 transporter tail from TAD gear(it came with the four buckles I needed)

I have always been a fan of a beaver tail, compression panel, grab-it style whatever you want to call it and I thought that the transporter tail from the Triple Aught Design fastpacks would fit pretty well on my Mystery Ranch Scapegoat. They just released the transporter tails for seperate purchase last week, on with PALS and one without. I ordered the pals one and put it on the pack and the compression straps lined up almost perfectly. I had to figure out a way to anchor the bottom of the tail to the pack since the tail normally gets attached by 1.5" tri-glides sewn on to the pack, so I broke out the old 1930 singer model 66 and added two 1 inch webbing straps about an foot long each to the transporter tail.

The end result is pretty slick. It un clips and can be removed in about 5 seconds. It can fold down to hold the butt end of a rifle. Molle pouches can now be added to the pack. No modifications were made to the pack itself. All in for about 30 dollars including the tranporter tail. The only down side I see so far is the pack compression straps are normally routed through a looploc and without unthreading the strap some compression is lost because there is a couple inches of webbing on the other side of the looploc toward the frame, but it doesn't really bother me.

I just put a pillow in there to show something inside the tail.

This one shows where I sewed the strap.

And where I mounted the G hook

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Ledanek

Lil-Rokslider
image hosting is gone. if you have still pictures can you upload to Imgur.com? thanks