Autolock buckles for AGC

There was a thread a few months ago about getting auto locks for the AGC. I never saw anything concrete for solution.....Has anyone found a source for the male auto lock and a slotted female end to replace the current AGC buckles? Tired of mine slipping....I prefer tan colored, but I'll take anything as long as it's not going to cost a bunch.

Thanks for any help on this one.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Do you adjust it much? If not one other solution if you can't find what you need is just pick up some 3bar sliders. Unthread the strap from the buckle, thread through the slider and then through the buckle, adjust the length and then thread the tail through the 3 bar slider as well which will keep the buckle from slipping.

OP
F
Yeah, didn't think about that. I could run a three bar above the buckle. I never adjust it, but it seems to slip and loosen over time so I just want to set it and forget it.

I thought about ordering some autolock from one of the bulk suppliers and then reselling what I don't use since seems like many guys wanted some but it was a pretty big investment just for buckles. I used the 3-bar sliders on my newest AGC pack like pods8 mentioned and it works good but I have some autolocks to put on it if I change my mind.

rmekus

Lil-Rokslider
I removed both sides of the buckles on the top of the Bino pouch and replaced with field replaceable tension locks. The tension locks are what FHF harness uses on the top as well.

Last edited:
OP
F
Kifaru does sell auto lock buckles, but with $10 shipping, I'll probably wait until I make a larger order before buying them.
I put some three bar sliders on last night. We'll see how it goes this weekend.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Kifaru sells auto locks in 4pks if I remember correctly.

molon labe

I believe someone said the buckles on the AGC doesn't match up with the typical ITW style buckle which is what kifaru, mystery ranch, etc. use. I know eberlestock for instance has another buckle type on their gear that is incompatible.

kpk

WKR
I believe someone said the buckles on the AGC doesn't match up with the typical ITW style buckle which is what kifaru, mystery ranch, etc. use. I know eberlestock for instance has another buckle type on their gear that is incompatible.

That was most likely me. I got some male auto locks from stone glacier and they do not work on the AGC.

Kifaru does sell the male auto locks - you just need to order the split females to go with them.

OP
F
That was most likely me. I got some male auto locks from stone glacier and they do not work on the AGC.

Kifaru does sell the male auto locks - you just need to order the split females to go with them.

This is exactly what I planned to do, buy the set of 4 auto lock male buckles and a set of 4 split females. I had it all in my cart and I seem to recall it was going to cost around $14, but with $10 shipping I decided to wait until I need to place a bigger order to justify shipping fees.

If the three bar slider route works, I'll likely just roll with that since it was a pretty cheap mod. Testing it out this weekend.

kpk

WKR
I've been happy with the 3 bar slider addition on mine. I put the slider a couple inches from the "tag" end. It keeps all the extra strap from flopping around and coming undone which is nice. I ran mine for 5 days straight and it never slipped at all.

R_burg

WKR
Hey guys, getting my gear ready for summer scouting / camping next years hunting season. High on my to-do list was get some auto lock's for my AGC because it slips A TON.

I see using auto locks is not so easily done (unless you want to pay outrageous shipping to Kifaru). It looks like the 3 bar slider will work fine. Is there a go-to source that doesnt kill you for shipping that anyone can recommend?

I replaced all my buckles with waveloc G hooks for about $20, been happy with it, feels like a tighter to the chest fit

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/diy-gear-modifications/65872-agc-cub-max-modifications.html

Let me endorse this. After being made aware of the G Hooks I stripped all the plastic buckles off my AGC harness and replaced them with G Hooks. I think it's faster to unhook when going on/off with the harness. The hooks are less 'there' vs much bulkier plastic buckles, and the whole deal just feels more snug and integrated. Great idea.

R_burg

WKR
I replaced all my buckles with waveloc G hooks for about $20, been happy with it, feels like a tighter to the chest fit

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/diy-gear-modifications/65872-agc-cub-max-modifications.html

Let me endorse this. After being made aware of the G Hooks I stripped all the plastic buckles off my AGC harness and replaced them with G Hooks. I think it's faster to unhook when going on/off with the harness. The hooks are less 'there' vs much bulkier plastic buckles, and the whole deal just feels more snug and integrated. Great idea.

Thanks guys, that looks like a good option too. Do the G hooks slip at all?

Also, maybe a dumb question, but what do you use to cut/break the female buckles off the loops? Huge shears or a bolt cuttter or something?

bganz

FNG
I was also wondering about how people removed the old clips.

I'm replacing my clips with the Mystery Ranch quick attach auto lock accessory straps buckles. Seems like the easiest way to replace them for me. I've got a set from my backpack and the seem to work well on the AGC.

mcr-85

WKR
I replaced mine with the ones from Kifaru. I have used a pair of side cutting dikes and I have also used a Dremel to cut buckles off.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Kifaru does sell auto lock buckles, but with $10 shipping, I'll probably wait until I make a larger order before buying them.
I put some three bar sliders on last night. We'll see how it goes this weekend.

In case you were still considering, I got what I needed from Kifaru for $16 total shipped. If for some reason you wanted an AGC solution, they now offer an upgrade kit, but they want $15 plus $10 shipping.