DIY Megatarp and/or Tut 4 Man

farmer14

Lil-Rokslider
Hey fellas, does anyone have some specs on how to build one of these? I've seen a bunch of pics but I'm looking for what people specifications and amounts of material ordered? i've got a tut drawn up on sketch but am looking on where to go next/ Thanks in advance. Happy sewing!

Aaron

Felix40

WKR
Its really just as simple as it looks. Material is 60" wide for the most part so just figure out the most efficient way to use that width for what you have drawn up. Then add up how many yards it will take.

For a TUT you are probably looking at 2 right triangles per side so just figure out what the hypotenuse is from the base of the wall up to the peak and thats how long the fabric needs to be for each side.

Felix40

WKR
I just looked at the dimensions of the TUT. You are looking at 14 yards of fabric minimum if you do it the way I'm imagining. Looks like you could make the footprint bigger by maybe 10" in each direction for the same amount of material.

Ctalboom

FNG
I just made a Tut (on a thread I just posted). If you use the 58" fabric from Rip stop by the roll. and lay it out with the same dimensions as Kifaru it will only take you 10 1/2 yards. I bought 15 thinking I would screw something up and wanted some extra anyway and I used almost exactly 10 1/2 yards which is what my initial math indicated. You can get two right triangles out of the 58" in wide stuff for your given length and still have like 8" of waste. I could have made mine quite a bit bigger with the same amount of fabric.